Planes > Scale

DeAgostini Spitfire - 1:10 scale - Anyone have experience?

(1/3) > >>

angry_muppet:
I've just been gifted a complete, unopened set of parts from this "subscription purchase" plane. I've done my preliminary research and found an abundance of horror stories...  :o

Thankfully there were one or two rays of sunshine who actually thought the kit was rather decent.  8)

Either way, I think I've found another project to add to the list for the long winter days... Having completed a quick check to ensure all parts were there, I've only found one part broken; a leading edge spar. Hopefully a little wood glue can cure it as it's a clean break.

angry_muppet:
I should list the specs:

Wingspan: 4'8" (1.43m)
Length: 3'9" (1.15m)
Height: 1'2" (0.35m)

Designed for a 35MHz 4 channel tx and 6.47cc motor (offer was for a LEO @ €36.95)

rogallo:
Might make a nice pss model.

replace the spar/ leading edge, this is where you get strength from.

Enjoy

R

Fred:
Nice one!
I have no experience with it I have to say, other than what was said at the time about it on various forums.

All in all, not a bad flyer at all if you read what people say abouot it.

Are you going electric? Or use IC as per the original?

PS: Moved the topic to "Scale Plane"

angry_muppet:
I think I'll be going electric; much nicer not to have to cut holes in the cowling.

If I can get the balance correct with the battery on the CoG, then removing the prop and undercarriage would permit PSS as well.  That might be beyond my capabilities at present, but we'll see!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version