Club House > Road trips

Mount Leinster - 28-29th November

(1/18) > >>

DownwashSoarer:
Dear All,

Stephans article in the "Aufwind" inspired me so much that I just need to come to Irland for flying... I'm on a business trip in Dublin next week and decided to arrive already on Friday in order to fly these great slopes you have. I contacted Joe already and he recommended Mt. Leinster as well. Will anyone be there next weekend? Can anybody recommend a place to stay for Saturday?
Thank you!

Greetings from the really flat area of Munich,
Karl

Fred:
Hey Karl,

Welcome in Ireland (in advance!)

Well, hopefully the weather will co-operate next week end ! If so, I'll be there to show you around  :D
You wish to stay near Mt Leinster or in Dublin ?  :?:

Stephan:

--- Quote from: "DownwashSoarer" ---... Can anybody recommend a place to stay for Saturday?...
--- End quote ---

If you want to stay close to Mt Leinster just stay in Bonclaudy in the Must Pub, nice B&B.
Always happy landings and you will see I have not exaggerated  :D
Stephan

Fred:
A few photos of the B&B we used when Stephan came the first time are on Vincent's album : http://www.retroplane.net/album/thumbnails.php?album=46

You plan to stay in Dublin on the Friday evening ? Can show you around after work ?
Might even fancy a trip to the Johnnie Fox !  :D

DownwashSoarer:
Fred & Stephan, thanks for your quick replies.

Fred, I will arrive quite late on Friday (21.30) and I learned that car rental closes at 20.00 at the airport (??) - so I have no clue how long it actually takes me (and two collegues) to get out towards Dublin. In addition, I sent my glider already to my company in Dublin - so the guys there must unpack the entire delivery (which is not 100% private :-)) and I need to pick it up Friday evening or Saturday morning at these guys home(they don't know yet) - so no, thank you a lot, but unfortunately I'm not available on Friday evening. For Saturday I just thought it makes sense to stay close to Mt. Leinster - I don't find any coordiantes of the B&B Stephan mentioned. Can we just go there or should I book in advance?

It would be very nice to meet you Fred, but normally weather doesn't like me... :!:
Thank you,
Karl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version