Author Topic: F22 Raptor  (Read 6564 times)

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
F22 Raptor
« on: August 17, 2011, 22:27:17 PM »
Hi all

Here are a few photos of another little project I have on going along with the F14, ( "not more jets John, I hear you say!") The flyfly F22 Raptor, a kit which I came across on ebay, 'a wee bargain could'nt resist it'. It was designed for  ducted fan, however the reports have been a little negative on the forums about this model, however I think it may fly as a PSS model with a thinner wing cord, and a few adjustments to the fuselage. Here are a few photos:

The wings are covered in plastic film and spray painted, the wing cord has been reduced to half the thinkness, close to an RG15 airfoil!

Not sure if this model will glide at all, however, it should be interesting to see how it goes on the slope :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

keep you all posted on the out come ?????

the Pope

• View Profile
F22 Raptor
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 18:32:29 PM »
Hi John, I hope to see pictures of the Raptor flying soon on the slope..
melon et melèche............

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
F22 Raptor
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:01:53 AM »
Very nice one John!  :clap:
I knew you were too quiet!  :D
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
F22 Raptor
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 23:49:30 PM »
Hi all

Well I  finished the f22 tonight, just need to add a varnish coat to protect the model from the winter weather. The fuselage was covered in glass cloth and the intakes sheeted with balsa to reduce drag in flight. The AUW of the model came out at 2lb 10oz, however I expect the model will require  good lift conditions to fly, and with that short wing span, speed! therefore I may need to add some ballast. A few photos of the F22 In the workshop:

With that ghost gray colour scheme, I will have to fly the Raptor on a sunny day, or it could be 'now you see me! now you don't!' just like a real stealth F22 :roll:  :roll:

the Pope

• View Profile
F22 Raptor
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 08:44:57 AM »
Lovely model.......you have to wait for a sunny  day now. is it the more difficult? :lol:
melon et melèche............