Planes > Trainer

Scratch Build

(1/2) > >>

ourblue:
Its a while since I bought a decent amount of balsa. Looking for a supplier who has some hard balsa for wing building. I'm planning to build an electric Bird of time so i want to make a good job of it.  Dont want to pay excessive postage unless i have to!

Fred:
Hi Ourblue,

I buy my balsa and other woods in France and Germany.
But if you are looking for something slightly more local, I also had good experience with Slec UK and the Balsa Cabin.

Hope this helps,

Fred

ourblue:

--- Quote from: "Fred" ---Hi Ourblue,

I buy my balsa and other woods in France and Germany.
But if you are looking for something slightly more local, I also had good experience with Slec UK and the Balsa Cabin.

Hope this helps,

Fred
--- End quote ---

Hi Fred,
     Thanks for replying. I'll go with Slec. I used to order from Balsa cabin when i lived in Scotland. Been in contact with George Voss in the States to get the ribs cut. Island models were also very helpful but I dont have the right cad file.
                           regards
                                       Bob
ps enjoy the easterlies!

Fred:
Sorry, only catching up!!  :oops:

YEah, as I said, the problem with scanned plans then laser cut, is that it is very inaccurate, unless you spend a lots of time re-drawing everything, but in this case, it would be quicker to draw the plan from scratch!
This is I think the case for some of the Old C. Williams plans that you can have laser cut, they are all inacurrate, as sometimes the files were made with re-prints (plan then lose accuracy).

And Easterlies for the week end!  :!:  At least, it will be sunny!  :D  :D

BAT:

--- Quote from: "Fred" ---Sorry, only catching up!!  :oops:

YEah, as I said, the problem with scanned plans then laser cut, is that it is very inaccurate, unless you spend a lots of time re-drawing everything, but in this case, it would be quicker to draw the plan from scratch!
This is I think the case for some of the Old C. Williams plans that you can have laser cut, they are all inacurrate, as sometimes the files were made with re-prints (plan then lose accuracy).

And Easterlies for the week end!  :!:  At least, it will be sunny!  :D  :D
--- End quote ---
#

I've got the B.O.T cad dwgs. and a laser cutter. Sounds like we should talk!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version