Author Topic: Quark micro  (Read 4561 times)

jumbo

• View Profile
Quark micro
« on: September 21, 2014, 18:05:48 PM »
Just finished this _little_ model. It is from Fred's original plan for the quark mini scaled by .55 wingspan came out at a hair under 850 mm.

The construction is all 5mm foam floor underlay with packing tape for strength. The tail surfaces in 3mm balsa. 4 x 5g hobbyking services and a 750mah 3.7 lipo (I don't have any nimh and the model is too small to fit a ubec). She is really light so imagine it is only suitable for  very low winds.

[/img]*

Looking forward to getting her airborne, I imagine such a small model will be quite `tetchy` as little Keith says so I may try to cram the orange 3 axis gyro into her (if it will fit). The build was quite quick took about a day and a half but was very fiddly getting the rudder and elevator push rods and servos installed. The aileron servos diiffer from the original plan as mounting them inside the wing would have reduced its strength greatly. The wing is of kfm3 design but with the step sanded smooth.

does anyone know how I can connect 4 servos to a 4 channel radio and power it. I tried cutting the positive cable from one of the servos and adding the power to where it was cut but my receiver (4ch frsky) didn't like it and wouldn't operate, my next idea is to look for somewhere on the receiver board to solder a power connector.

* sorry for the terrible photo  only have phone cam.

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Quark micro
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 20:41:48 PM »
Use a y lead
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.

stephen.shannon

• View Profile
Quark micro
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 22:37:53 PM »
Lookin forward to seeing it fly. Nice one.
Our deepest fear is not that we are weak but that we are powerful beyond measure..... Marianne Williamson

jumbo

• View Profile
Quark micro
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 10:28:45 AM »
Quote from: "rogallo"
Use a y lead

:!: Yes that works, why I didn't think of this to begin with escapes me! I want the ailerons on individual channels so I can program in spoilerons however not even sure its worth the effort on such a small model.

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Quark micro
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 11:37:22 AM »
Howdy Jumbo,

Looking forward to see that one!  :clap:
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!