Author Topic: mugi evo electric  (Read 5737 times)

jumbo

• View Profile
mugi evo electric
« on: April 12, 2015, 19:04:19 PM »
Just finished this model today, plan from here Mugi evo. The original is 800mm wingspan but I decided to scale it up to a whopping 1000mm  :o this model goes together really fast and even as quite a slow builder it only Took me about 4 hours. I could have done a better job but not getting too much time to hobby these days, lets hope it stays in one piece long enough to get a maiden flight out of her.

As there is currently an outright ban on spending model tokens in this house everything had to be made from already available parts. Construction is all 2mm correx and tape, 2836 1500kv motor, 40 Amp esc, 9 gram metal geared servos and a 50c 3 cell lip. It should go as I recently had this motor on a model twice the weight and that was quite fast  :twisted:  :twisted:

Here is a pic along with the instigator of said model token ban.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
mugi evo electric
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 14:15:11 PM »
Hey Jumbo, I've only just come upon this topic............

So how did it fly?...you must have flown it by now! haven't you? Or has the lady  in the picture ( who hides her face for fear of being recognized in the street and condemned by all for imposing such harsh restrictions upon your flying enjoyment,) also banned you from flying model planes as well as from buying them?

I'm telling you Jumbo, women have no appreciation for the finer things of life, like model aviation. Give them a small circle of shiny metal, or some coloured cloth that they can drape round themselves and they're as happy as a pig in sh**.

They're a strange species. I've never really understood them. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they do have uses,.......I'm just not quite sure what they are?

Anyway, let us know how you got on.

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

selleri

• View Profile
mugi evo electric
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 00:48:11 AM »
Quote from: "Happy Days"
They're a strange species. I've never really understood them. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they do have uses,.......I'm just not quite sure what they are?

Custard and pie making?
Sverrir - Icelandic Volcano Yeti