Author Topic: New Syma X5UW [wifi FPV + flight Plan + App] unboxing + review  (Read 4317 times)

_sOnGoKu_

• View Profile
Hello friends, I open this thread to introduce the last Syma that has joined my fleet.
I was curious by several things in and out of time that I did not give a blast with a syma, so here it is. After test it I can say that without a doubt Syma is still
a good reference in terms of "toy" degree quadcopters, great drones to learn, soft to carry and with options already ,*nice developed.

This quad will delight those who know and those who want to learn to fly. Clearly this is above many of its competitors, with a nice red Metallic, some round lines
and modern looks great to the eye. The controller more the same, with a design according to the dron, in a nice white with Details in chrome red and quality finishes on all sides.

This dron weighs is little and its engines although they are powerful, hardly cause some damage, which makes it very good option for the little ones or beginners.
Also, one of the coolest things about this dron is that it can be piloted directly from a mobile phone easily making use of its native suyma app. Which by the way
works really well.

Well before going into more details about this dron Syma X5WU I show you what the box brings.

Video unboxing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f-FuBRCFOI

Package Contents:
1 x Quadcopter,
1x USB Charger Cable
1x spare propellers
1x phone holder
1x screwdriver
1x transmitter
1x x card reader,
1x video photo camera (with 4G TF card)
1x User Manual (English + Chinese)

The Dron:
Well the truth that this dron does not leave indifferent the owner, syma has been a pioneer in the section of drones "toy type" and that shows, have gone a Little
of the typical line that took so long the x5 having.. in this model, the lines are round , and hey! they do not look bad, I like it, also like its red Metallized colorm ,
beautiful to the eye and to the touch, the materials of construction are of quality, in plastic well painted resistant. Propellers are soft it does not have very big power then
is dificult to be damaged in a fall. Bring a nice control what preftecly match with the drone, good quality at touch as well. Better than other competitors,
I think as a whole drone, it's nice. Just like the presentation in the box.

FPV by wifi:
Well, here this seems to have been improved! The app works quite well and one of the things I like most about this camera is that it has its own SD, Which in addition
to making things much easier, because I think it improves notably the performance of the set in question. Do not record badly to be a 2mp camera, But let's be clear,
you're not going to record a movie reportage with it if that's what you expect. As a toy with this feature it is interesting and above all else Always is nice to see the fpv
of the camra in the mobile.

Height Control:
Well here I have guive congrats to the development of syma, This function is noted that it has already dominated, and the dron maintains its height (even position in-door)
perfectly, it is easy to fly by itself, but with this function, almost anyone even inexperienced can enjoy a flight easily.

Headless mode,
If at the height control we add a headless mode that works wonderfully, we are before a prefect dron to begin in the flights. Easy to fly in this mode.
It is also useful if the dron is far away and the orientation is lost. It is easier to bring it back.

Phone app moivi:
As I mentioned above this soma x5uw can be controlled in several ways, one of them is directly from your phone, even in this mode, There are several options, being able
to control it with the gyroscope of the phone or on the virtual Sticks of the screen. The truth that very entertained and accomplished way to use it. Each time these things
work better with the app, although they still lack a little, but is fun.
The app, has many options, such as video record button, view the dron fpv, land, take off or even you can mark a way to follow , "flight plan" by painting with your finger,
the trace you like the drone follow.
Do not get confused, this dron has no gps, so it's all based on calculations on the dron and the cell phone / contorller .
This option is fun, although I recommend using it in a clear site, if something happens or the dron goes to another site, you can easily get it back.
The app is free and is ready to download.

Auto takeoff and lande.
Well, like most drones that keep the altitude as this syma x5uw has the optiions to land and take off alone. Little more to say, With a click, it has it in the air and vice versa
to land. I personally do it in manual mode normaly.

Automatic return home
As not, this dron has an automatic homecoming, which works really well, if it is matched as it should and the pilot respects the initial positons from the first blind was done.
A click and it will come to you, useful sometimes, dangerous in others, this option is recommended to practice in an open space the first Times until their operation is well understood.

The command:
One of the coolest things about dron is that it can be controlled in 3 different ways, with the nice command that comes with it, with an app and a mobile phone or both
At the same time (telephone and command) The second option is perhaps a little more difficult to learn to contol, but I would say that anyone who knows how to fly minimally
With the command should not have problem in making it fly with the phone. "It's all a matter of practice".

Two speeds
The drone has two forms of flight, one more calm and one more aggressive (advanced) in this last, an experienced pilot can fly quite fast. It's a light dron
And on a day without wind, flights can be made at fairly long distances.

The battery:
The battery, I have to say that in my opinion, this is perhaps the worst point that this dron has. Well, the duration and the system that use, I do not like it. it mount a
battery Of 3.7V 500mAh, which does not give much time flight if we use the camera, I have taken a flight time of about 5 to 7 minutes. To begin with, we already have the
problem that Generate these kinds of systems, you have to buy the original replacement to be able to lengthen the flight time, and that's because I personally do not like it.
In addition, the flight time of those batteries have nothing to envy the normal ones that use my other sum of all life.

Here I leave a short list of what for me are its pros and cons of this syma

Pros
Good finishes
Can be used with a mobile phone (without remote control)
It has camera with own SD card

Conts
Battery (I will not tire of saying it) I do not like this type of unique batteries! Especially speaking of a dron that you have 5 minutes of flight or average.

Related Links and Interest:
Syma X5UW: http://bit.ly/2h9iESL
Spares: http://bit.ly/2hPMLCw
Mejoras para imprimir en 3D: http://bit.ly/songoku_Tingiverse
Mis otros RC: http://bit.ly/SongoLand

Well here I leave, I hope to serve someone. Likewise if someone has any doubts about this dron and I can help you, you just need to ask me.
Thank you for coming here.

If you are interested in the thread subscribe, I will post the new things of this dron here.

regards