Club House > Club Talk

2018 insurance cover

(1/2) > >>

Fred:
Real quick post as this is important !!

http://maci.ie/2018/04/04/maci-faces-difficulties-in-obtaining-insurance-cover-for-2018-season/

Good to know now!!  >:(
No more comments now, will catch up with the forum at the end of the week !

Fred:
Hi all,

Quick update on this. Note this is coming from the MACI, not speculation :)

Cover will end on the 14th of April (Saturday) with our current insurer.
If no solution is found, this will de facto stop ALL flying activities until a new insurer is found (work in progress).

As for the refund of the MACI membership, as I asked :) , this might not be possible on a technicality, in the fact that we pay 75€ for joining the MACI, not to pay for insurance (technicality)

At the question how come we received the membership card knowing we will not be potentially insured, the reply was that this is not news to the ones that showed up at the council meeting...

But yet, no communication to the general membership and discipline secretaries when the issue arise, and then they don't understand why I am angry!

Anyway, I have been assured that a solution will be found in time, so as of no, nothing to worry about, carry on :)

Hope that clear up a few things.

Fred

johnfireball:
Who will arrest me if I fly uninsured? The MACI policeman?

Fred:
He will only arrest you if you crash somewhere and you can't give that guy proof of insurance :)

billscottni:

--- Quote from: Fred on April 10, 2018, 22:51:42 PM ---
As for the refund of the MACI membership, as I asked :) , this might not be possible on a technicality, in the fact that we pay 75€ for joining the MACI, not to pay for insurance (technicality)

Fred

--- End quote ---

Surely your MACI membership states that insurance is part of the whole package and if they can't provide the insurance you would be entitled to cancel your membership and be refunded pro rata. They're on a sticky wicket taking monies for something they knew they couldn't provide. I believe that's called FRAUD!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version