Author Topic: Reregistration for IAA  (Read 580 times)

Flamingo Flier

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Reregistration for IAA
« on: November 04, 2023, 15:53:55 PM »
Hi,
Has anyone reregistered for The IAA recently. I got a reminder from MACI saying my registration would shortly expire followed by another telling me it had expired. Neither had any info on how to renew which is the very least I would expect for the National organization that represents our interests.
I opened the Iaa website couldn't find a reregistration link so logged onto MySRS. There I found a registration link and completed the form. I said I had to register at least one drone so I entered the details for my Multiplex Flamingo. It said there was no manufacturer called Multiplex and asked me the max airspeed, Max dimension and weight. It had no category for sailplane - just airplane.
Then it said application received and that I must now sign up with a registered training organisation.

What is wrong???

Thanks
Jim

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Re: Reregistration for IAA
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 15:22:25 PM »
Hey Jim,

Hope you’re keeping well.

If I recall, you don’t have to register your models anymore. Just yourself, and pay the 30€ fees.
You will need to put your IAA number on all your gliders.

The training is the IAA one that you need of course, but to be honest, can’t remember how to access it.

I get to my laptop and check. I did my renewal last year, and if I remember, it was a simple process.

Also, have you check what that says in the MACI app?
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Flamingo Flier

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reregistration for IAA
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 13:10:18 PM »
Hi Fred,
Good to hear from you - I hope everyone is keeping well.

Put this on the long finger - only got back to it now.

I logged on the MYSRS again - still couldn't find anything about reregistering so I had a look back through my messages. There I found that my registration has not expired - it is still valid for another year. The e-mail from MACI was not correct when it said my registration has expired. I have sent E-mails to MACI and IAA to explain the confusion.

Thanks,
JIM