Author Topic: New Indoor Venues  (Read 35470 times)

DennisZ

• View Profile
New Indoor Venues
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 14:26:13 PM »
Is there any indoor activity north of Liffey (North Co.Dublin) ?

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
New Indoor Venues
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 17:53:54 PM »
So here are some picies of  this morning activities at the Kiltealy indoor flying venue.

This is the venue from the Outside

And the Inside………

Alas my little stills camera was unsuccessful in clearly snaping the  models flying, all the still pictures were blurred. But there is a few seconds worth of movie at the end of this posting.

Here is the model line up.

This is Dessie looking rather worried.

Because this is what happened to his plane a few seconds later.  OOOPPPPssss

Brendan always looks as though he’s crapping himself when he flys. (I have to admit that I often crap myself when he flys!) Can you spot the Heli in the far corner?

After a number of little catastrophes’ the lads decided that a little help from the All Mighty might prove useful. So a quick prayer time has organised.

Feeling much more confident Brian showed his son, Chris, how it’s done. (Chris is the little fella)

Here's the little movie. (I hope) http://vimeo.com/7756466

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

DaveMc

• View Profile
    • http://uk.geocities.com/dave72ie/
New Indoor Venues
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 18:43:13 PM »
Kieth,

that place looks huge, you are a lucky bunch. What is it? an indoor soccer hall?

D
At least we walk towards our crashes and not run screaming from them ;)

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
New Indoor Venues
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2009, 18:52:29 PM »
Dave, I’m not a sports person at all,…….I think the hall is used for hurling. It certainly is big, except when I’m flying………then suddenly it gets much smaller :?:  Strange ain't it!

K.

Aidan

• View Profile
New Indoor Venues
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »
I was over for a visit a week back - thanks guys! - and yes it is a huge hall.
Superb venue for indoor flying. The only downside is the astroturf. It's pretty rough for taxiing and not as forgiving as a wood floor when you clip it! You slide or bounce on a smooth floor but the astroturf seems to grab you. Still, that's not a showstopper.

Aidan

Baker

• View Profile
New Indoor Venues
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 23:01:40 PM »
Hi K,
     Thanks for showing a pic of my plane in it's death throes. Well at least it has had over 40 flights over the last few weeks, a bit difficult to do a half loop from inverted from 8 feet, I'm more used to doing it from 250 to 70 feet. I should have pushed it higher before I decided to go lower!!!!! Also used to having at least 1Kw of Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is your model have you got the undercarriage fixed yet?

Nice model you should have shown a pic, pity you didn't really get a proper flight with it yet.

D.
NEVER ENOUGH POWER

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
New Indoor Venues
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 08:22:51 AM »
Hey Dessie,…………sorry about  the picie of your plane.  :oops: I didn’t get a chance to photo it before tragedy had struck. I was very impressed that you got it flying again that morning. What a cleaver fellow you are! :clap:

Yea’ I’ve sorted the undercarriage on mine. I like to believe that sometimes I think “outside the box” So I’ve removed it altogether. :shock:  (I’ve got seven gliders that all land without any undercarriage, so why shouldn’t this little foamy!)

I’ve stuck a piece of EPP on the bottom of the Fuse’ to act as a skid. It’s secured with a small piece of 3mm flat section carbon, half inserted into the fuse and half into the skid. I’ve stuck some cellotape on the bottom of the skid to make it smooth enough to slide and not snag on the Astroturf.

She definitely flew much better with the smaller prop. Pity the undercarriage didn’t “stay the course!” :cry:

Now lets see what damage I can do on Friday. :lol:

K.

Baker

• View Profile
New Indoor Venues
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2009, 00:48:09 AM »
Hi K,
  Well you wont be able to pull your undercarriage now!!!!!

Hopefully will work well for you, the landings are very slow and I think we will always have to hand launch off the astroturf unless we fit a 200watt motor!!!! :shock:  :shock:

I hope to have me Kosmos ready for Friday as the Breeze has been retired, a mixture of foam eaten away with activator and too many repairs. I am very impressed with the Kosmos kit, more expensive but so far I think well worth it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we shall see on Friday :P  :P  :P

D.
NEVER ENOUGH POWER

Brian

• View Profile
New Indoor Venues
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 20:26:14 PM »
Quote from: "DennisZ"
Is there any indoor activity north of Liffey (North Co.Dublin) ?

Hi,
Indoor flying in Dublin every Wed night 7 to 10pm;
Oldbawn Community School sports hall.
Visitors/Enquiries welcome.
Contact; Dave Yast;
087/1365934
 www.discount-rc-toys.com

Brian
Serious Power