Planes > Jets

Which EDF model for a learner?

(1/17) > >>

Happy Days:
Just for “The sake of it” I’m thinking about getting a EDF model. :D

Having never flown a ‘Jet’ before I thought I’d have a try and see just how hard (or easy :wink: ) it is to fly one of these things.

Question is…Which one to get????? :?:

I’m not into scale models, so I don’t care if it looks like a full size plane or not.
I want something that’s not too difficult to land, tough, reasonably aerobatic, and one more thing that I can’t remember,………er…….mmmm……..Oh yes, CHEAP. :lol:

Been looking at the Phase3 Fantom :shock: ………….anyone had one?

Come on then guys. Hit me with some good advise.

Keith

Fred:
Hey Keith,

My God, you are going to do planes ??!!  :P

The NI lads will certainly gives you good advices on that!
Why not the MPX Twister ?

Had a kit in my hands, and that very good stuff, easy to build etc, typical MPX stuff...

Happy Days:
Thanks for the suggestion Fred. :clap:  The twister seems a bit expensive, with the airframe alone costing €150.

The Fantom is much the same size for only €102 and comes with motor, esc. and fan unit. (SMC) Thanks for the idea anyway. :wink:

Anyone else got any ideas. I’m expecting loads of positive vibes from you Ulster guys :?:

Fred:
Yeah, haven't checked the price of that plane  :oops:

You have loads of Chinese Jet thingy, fully equiped for good price, but not sure about the flying quality though  :?:

Or go for a big one, like John Sabre or Sukhoi  :D

JohnPearson:
Hi keith

There are many EDF small jet models on the market, some good and some bad. You want a model that is good value for money and will fly well. I have had many different types of Edf models, the main problem is power to weight ratio, most of the jet models need a 4 cell lipo and a good motor with fan to get any speed at all, which adds more weight.

The best edf models I have flown for both speed and price are the following :

Gws F15
Phase 3 f16
Alfa Mig 15

The big EDF's are good but you need a good runway and a good 6 cell lipo for  reasonable speed.
You can fly a rear prop jet model Keith at half the cost, and get a great flying model.

I would go with the phase 3 F16 kit, you get the fan,motor,speed controller with the model, add two servos and a 3 cell lipo and fly, great little jet and fun to fly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version