Planes > Aerobatic

I want a Blender

<< < (2/3) > >>

Richard Boyd:
Hi Keith, Fred has given you the just of how to do a flat spin, you can enter a spin very easy from a blender/then snap. You can go into it either inverted or upright.
I find it easier to go in inverted, so I practise upright more often lol
your phase 6 should preform this maneuver with ease,  mine did !
Keep practising until you feel comfortable with the spin and then the snap.
you did it on your first attempt at Mt. L so keep up the good work.

You gave me on of the best laughs of the weekend,

Thanks Mr.Keith

Happy Days:
Thanks Richard. I’m still trying but I seem to be getting worse at it, not better. (I’ve known of this before when trying to learn something new.)

But tell me,……….you said your phase 6 did it, but is it not true that your Phase 6 had a symmetrical wing? :?:

Just as an aside. (If you hadn’t noticed, I tend to do this on threads. :wink: )

Last Thursday morning I was flying my ASW 22 on the west slope of Big L. By about 1.30pm I packed it all up into the car and drove home. But when I got home I noticed that I’d left the wing joiner at the slope. BUGGER! :evil:

I took the ASW, and the Phase 6 up to the same slope today. Luckily the wing joiner was still there, and no one had driven over it so it was still straight. :)  

I assembled the ASW and had a good flight with it. Then landed it and assembled and flew the Phase 6. All was good. :D
After some cups of tea and biscuits, (chocy biscuits, of course!) and a few more flights of the Phase 6 trying to do this bloody manoeuvre, (Blender :evil: ) I noticed the plane was misbehaving. :shock:  
To cut a long story short, the ballast retainer in the fuse had come loose and the CoG was constantly changing.
Not being something I could fix at the slope, I packed it all up and started driving home. After a few minutes I noticed the car sounded different………….it wasn’t rattling as much as it had when I drove out to the slope this morning. Hhmmmmm?
I pulled into Nine stones Car park. Had a look around the car. Happened to glance towards the west slope where I’d been flying. There, all alone, sitting on the top of the slope was the ASW 22. :oops:

How could I have forgotten it?? It’s not exactly small. (4mtr w.s.)

I think I must be going soft in the head. Last week I forgot the wing joiner, this week I forgot the entire plane!!
No doubt next week I’ll forget the car and walk home. :roll:

K.

andrew wallace:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
hey keith you drinking that red wine your Mrs likes or smokin something  :lol:  :lol:

Richard Boyd:
Hi Keith , do not listen to the young Andrew Boyo, he has it all infront of him lol
I forget what day it is , never mind leaving wing joiners, I left 2 of them in JP'S camper  :!:

Yip your right about my 6 wings, but I think it is not an issue. Plenty of rudder and elevator and you will be fine.
After all I watched you perform a really good blender on your first attempt.
I would suggest that you are now thinking to much on the imputs and not relaxing, maybe you got a fright and you are trying too hard to ge it right.
Just relax and think of Natasha, skow gentle movements leading to a few thrusts of the sticks into a snap and flat spin.

Practise it on your flash, but make sure to get plenty of speed on the down spin and use throttle when your in the flat spin, I mean full throttle.

For the rest of you here is Natasha, she like big PROPs, I have asked for her to come to Ireland and feel my tow releaser, she has not replied  :roll:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/joNIzrXiiCA[/youtube]

Happy Days:
Thanks for those pointers Richard.
I have tried it with my Flash. Having a symmetrical wing I thought I should be able to do it. It didn’t work very well, but then I was cutting the throttle so it would act like a glider. Now I know I should have been opening the throttle!!! (No wonder it didn’t work)

As for your suggestion of me thinking too much about it,……..I totally agree, I think I’m ‘trying too hard’ And yes, I did get a fright,……But it was FUN wasn’t it! 8)  (I enjoy a bit of excitement. )
Thank you for your comments. I shall persevere. :wink:

As for Natasha liking BIG props :shock: ……………..I‘d be no good to her, after all, I haven’t got one :oops: !

(Not on my gliders anyway!!)

K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version