Author Topic: Ploof  (Read 3854 times)

johnfireball

• View Profile
Ploof
« on: November 22, 2011, 00:53:07 AM »
Hi Fred,
          I saw your ploof with full elevator movement, how does it fly (flips?). I really like this glider and am considering building one with a fully symmetrical wing, & full moving tailplane as yours. It wont fly inverted very well as standard  Have you still got yours, if so would buy from you (remake wings and have fun). I really like this glider fast & demanding.
John.
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Ploof
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »
Hey John,

For my Plouf, flying was, well, standard!  :P
I guess that depend of what you are looking for, but if you want an aerobatic machine, the Plouf, with or without all moving tail, might not be the best option. With a symetrical wing, you will need to re-think a few things, and seeing the amount of work you will need to modify the plan, might be better to do something else if you see what I mean.
You can build my Quark (plan on the forum) or have a look at EPP gliders, or why not, modify a phase if you have one  :?:

But that really depend of what you want to do.

For my Maxi Plouf, I don't owe it anymore, I gave it to Bill.
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

johnfireball

• View Profile
Ploof
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 21:03:30 PM »
Hi Fred,
         Hi Fred, yea I think your right. I see Joe has a Wazeco advertised maybe it's what I want.
John
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

mat2verre

• View Profile
    • http://falaisemodeleclub.free.fr
Ploof
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 08:26:03 AM »
I also built a plouf... 10 or 11 years ago! I used an integral incidence system... even with adjusted pushrods & axes, servos weren't accurate enough to have a "stable" neutral position! Trajectories looked like a rollercoaster  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Nevertheless it was fun, as modelling must be and stay!

A+

Mat
"Tu vois Bernard, toi et moi on a le même problème: on peut pas tout miser sur notre physique, surtout toi..."