Author Topic: Who is traveling this weekend?  (Read 26738 times)

the Pope

• View Profile
Who is traveling this weekend?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 13:13:24 PM »
HELLO, et bonne fête aux Irlandais ( c'est la st Patrick)

on va boire de la biere aujourd'huy...... :clap: ( je ne traduis pas car j'ai pas envie aujourdhuy) :lol:
melon et melèche............

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 18:06:58 PM »
Photo's. Video,  lets see what happened today...................PLEASE!

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 20:29:28 PM »
Looks a lovely day on the Big L !!!!!!
Hope you all have a wonderful time and I am sure JP will fill me in on all the gossip lol
Have fun gentlemen
Richard Boyd
A bad days flying is better than a good days work.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 20:46:46 PM »
Well, no videos I’m afraid Bill, and only a couple of snaps. :cry:
Only three of us turned up and it rained quite a lot, although we did manage to  get some flying in off the south slope with a tangential breeze. Lift was not good as poor JP found out having to take a long walk to retrieve his model. :(  (Can’t remember it’s name, twas a 2mtr mouldy.) Must be said he did manage to fly a little PSS model as well.

Fred, of course, managed to fly his little ‘wing’ in the light conditions for quite a while :roll:  and I chickened out of trying to fly on that part of the ridge and took a longer walk to a more windward facing part of the slope, managing a respectfull flight time, (for me!)

Perhaps the not most successful days flying, but to put a positive spin on it we, (the three of us that is) did manage to solve all the world problems and figure out a way to establish world peace and feed the starving millions. :clap:

Tomorrow looks to be a better day on the north slope with stronger winds and seemingly loads of blue sky. :D

No pictures of flying models I’m afraid. Against a back lit sky, flying models would have only appeared as silhouettes. The sun will be behind us tomorrow, so more pictures,…I promise!

Richard,...were your ears burning today???...They should have been!

K.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 20:52:28 PM »
Thanks for that Keith, with not being able to be there, Scotland losing to Italy & the English beating Ireland I was feeling pretty down.  :cry:  :(

Glad you got some flying in and hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow.  :D

Johns' 2m is an RCM Pelikan Extreme from Puffin Models. I think it's actualy 2.5m and it's a foam veneer wing. To my mind far more practical for the sports flyer than a moldie. Very little weight difference and far easier to repair if needed.  :?:   :?:  

Have a good day tomorrow  :wink:

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 21:41:25 PM »
Quote from: "billscottni"
Thanks for that Keith, with not being able to be there, Scotland losing to Italy & the English beating Ireland I was feeling pretty down.  :cry:  :(

30 points to 9 YEAH!

Er,...okay, I'm going :oops:

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 06:32:00 AM »
Loading the car as i type. hows that for multitasking. see you bout 11 methinks.
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 07:35:49 AM »
Good man Ralph!……… :clap:

Come on down to the sunny south east,…because…

"The-sun-has-got-his-hat-on,
Hip-hip-hip-hooray
The-sun-has-got-his-hat-on-and-he’s-coming-out-to-play!"

Yes folks it’s true, here in County Wexford, there are vast areas of blue sky AND ,to put the icing on the cake, a chilly but definite north wind. Only blowing at 12 Kph at the moment but, “From little acorns, mighty oaks grow.” I’m expecting great things today. Great things from a great bunch of people.
So forget your hangovers, ignore the chores, and get your arses to that paradise of gliding pleasure that is Mt. Lienster.

(Are you not inspired, people? :D )

We,……the unholy trinity, Fred, John P and myself, intend to start flying by about 10am. I shall be calling the register at 11 and anyone found to be absent will receive 100 lines and be sent to the naughty corner! :cry:

Keith

andrew wallace

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bmfc.btinternet.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 07:57:48 AM »
i'll start writing the lines now  :( in the naughty coner :(

have a good day lads  :D

i'm heading to the beach after dinner the winds blowing NW  :clap:
i\'m an ordinary man nothing special nothing grand

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »
JP is super fit with all the walking lol
Keith when your talking about me your leaving someone else alone lol.
Jp's mouldie is an Extreme and if it does not fly usually nothing will fly.
Still wish I was there but other things have forced me not to be, weather up here was perfect yesterday except for very light winds, again its the same today, I was out with the blaster this morning and the air was dead, hope it picks up for you today and you get some good flying.

Have fun gentlemen and fly low
Richard Boyd
A bad days flying is better than a good days work.

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 21:25:32 PM »
Just a hello and thanks to Fred for selling his soul for the great weather. great to see everyone again. looking forward to seeing all the pics.
Ralph
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 23:27:22 PM »
Hi all, great weekend, thanks to Fred and Keith for a fun event. Here are a few photos from today taken by Roisin.

anyone for a song!!

JohnP and Fred with their Quarks

Roisin and keith

After the Mig 29 made her maiden flight :clap:

what can I say! two good looking fellows :oops:

Group shot of the pilots on Sunday

Next event in a few weeks, can't wait! :P

johnfireball

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 23:28:02 PM »
Thanks all for a great day flying. By the way John my spitfire is good as new again ready for  battle in April. Hi Joe if you read this I need a form signed for MACI membership, I can post it to you with a stamped addressed envelope and maybe you could forward it for me. Email to send address jjd385@gmail.com    Many thanks.
John.
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 00:08:24 AM »
No doubt about it, we had  a very good day. :D  I think it’s true to say that we all did a lot of chatting, a lot of laughing, and er,….oh yes,….. a lot of flying. 8)

Conditions started off the day with strong lift which gradually, slowly, reduced over the following 6 hours enabling all types of models to fly at some point, ending with some graceful polyhedral ‘floaters’ by late afternoon. It was wonderful to see the old, and not so old, faces again and to catch up on all the gossip & scandal. Well,…not much scandal unfortunately. :(

Let’s see if I can name all who turned up,…….Me, then Fred, followed close behind by JP & Roisin, then Ralph, Les & Kevin showed up not long before Peter arrived. John “fireball” joined us and then Alan. :clap:

Now, everyone who’s name I have not mentioned must write out, 100 times, “I must not miss the April  Glide-In at Mount Lienster.” and spend the whole of tomorrow sitting, with arms folded, in the naughty corner! :cry:

Thanks for the photos JP, NOT! I’m now in the doghouse after Mandy saw the photo of me with my arm around Roisin I‘ve been getting GBH of the ears all evening with “Is THAT what you get up to when you go flying!” :roll:  Hopefully I’ll still be alive tomorrow so I can finish cutting the video footage of the blue sky, models, and pilots that made today such an enjoyable event.

Thanks to everyone who turned up from all parts of the country.

Keith

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 06:55:33 AM »
That would be Chris Gilbert, Keith, 100 times!
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.