Author Topic: Glider for Beginners  (Read 16314 times)

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Glider for Beginners
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 20:31:27 PM »
Finally, after a year, test flew the glider! (Ronan already flew his proto).
Well, that thing fly great! Very surprising actually, as I was not expecting much performance! Only designed to be built by beginners, and fly as a trainer...

Anyway, on the Saturday, did the first launch in about 30 or maybe 40km/h wind. Straight from the launch, nothing to touch, like in a magazine!  :lol:
Wind was no problem, and I was soaring without any issues. Rudder is very responsive, more than anticipated. Very little movement are needed.
Anyway, very pleased!
The next day, on the thermal day of the week end, launched the glider to show Stephen that it fly straight etc... Not expecting to fly at all! The little thing flew in virtually no wind without any issues!
Great little glider!
I think the guys who witnessed the flights can confirm! Very easy to fly, and a relatively wide range of wind! Need to try bungee launching now, and the circle will be complete!

Photos soon  :D
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Keith

• View Profile
Glider for Beginners
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 23:04:56 PM »
Yeah Fred it was a great little glider flew great in all conditions .. Now it's time to get the finger out a produce some kits  :D  :D

stephen.shannon

• View Profile
Glider for Beginners
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 17:10:10 PM »
I've just mailed you there fred, I'll take one from you, maybe two once I know the price.

Thanks

Stephen
Our deepest fear is not that we are weak but that we are powerful beyond measure..... Marianne Williamson