Author Topic: Who is building what for 2015?  (Read 30294 times)

EI1638

• View Profile
Who is building what for 2015?
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2015, 23:19:25 PM »
Bit late I know, but I was planning to have this ready for last Septembers Mt Leinster meeting.

This is the result of the worlds most labour intensive Phase 6 kit build.  :roll:

I'm happy with the finish. Unflown as yet, since the wind was a bit iffy at Mt L last weekend. Built with all of Little Keiths recommendations, or slight variations on same.

I'm quite looking forward to wringing it out.

Chris

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2015, 13:52:46 PM »
I got my Phase 5 in to the air on Sunday at Big L for its maiden..........................................................................................................................................

only 3 YEARS after it was finished!

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2015, 12:08:21 PM »
Ar! Two Chris Foss designs. :D

Chris:
As I said to you on the mountain, that’s a very nice looking P6. Especially with those “Home Made” fuse sides. I’m wondering what the AUW is, being an all ‘glassed’ airframe. Mine weighs 1.35Kg.
The building instructions declare the AUW as 1.2Kg with three servos. (A central servo for ailerons and no flaps.) Given that mine has twin aileron servos and twin servo operating flaps I recon I’m pretty near the “norm.”
Out of curiosity what does yours weigh?

Bill:
I’ve never seen a P5 in the flesh, so to speak. (They’re not made any more now are they?) Don’t know if the span and length are the same (or the airfoil) but I recon that P5 looks very much like a High Wing semi symmetric P6. Good to see you’ve built a full house wing. Gives much more flexibility for differing wind conditions doesn‘t it.
So………….how did it fly????? We demand to know! :!:

L. Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2015, 20:23:58 PM »
Span is  slightly bigger, more area and full house. To my eye its prettier than the P6.
JP did the test flight, slightly tail heavy, flew well, looped OK. Roll rate a little slow but flaps weren't set up to give me full span aileron whic will probably help rolling.

Very pleased
 :D   :D  :clap:

EI1638

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2015, 22:37:08 PM »
Hi Keith,

I'm afraid to put it on the scales, at least until I've flown it. I reckon its a windy day model though.

The scales might tell me that it'll never fly, so I'l fly it first then weigh it if you don't mind.

Chris

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2015, 06:37:04 AM »
Pleased things went well Bill. :D  It’s good to know that all those years of work paid off! Well done. :clap:

Chris; ……. I’m sure it’ll fly. Just launch it with lots of positive thoughts in your mind! :lol:  

(I’m going up Big L today to try my grossly repaired Alpina. This bird weighs a lot more than she did when I first got her due to extra glue/resin, and like you, I haven’t bothered to weigh it :oops: …….It either flys or it doesn’t. :roll: )

L. Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.