Planes > Aerobatic

I want a Blender

(1/3) > >>

Happy Days:
Okay Lads, I need some info on a manoeuvre that Richard has told me that I have to master before I die, called a “Blender” 8)

I’ve been trying this with my Phase 6 glider and a powered model but with only little and intermittent success. :!:

So, like all bad pilots I’m beginning to blame the models!! :roll:

I want to know; is it possible to perform this manoeuvre on a plane with a semi-symmetric wing? :?:  I ask because the only time I’ve seen it done was in the hands of ‘magician’ Richard who was using a model which had a symmetric wing.

So, what’s the answer lads??

Keith :)

Fred:
How does your models spin on the back?
That would be a good start.
Need big rudder on a glider to give the kick. You can also move your CG slightly more back.

But try to do flat inverted spins first, and see how it goes, as if that don't do them well, the snap will not gives you the spin if you see what I mean  :D

Happy Days:
Thanks Fred.
How do I get the model into a flat inverted spin. (I thought that is what a “Blender” was. ie a flat inverted spin.)

What I’ve been trying was to………..
1/ Put the plane into steep, fast dive.
2/ Full right aileron, (to create a fast roll)
3/Full opposite rudder
4/ release aileron , and input forward elevator (to put the plane inverted)

When I watched Richard do all the above his Fox ended up in an inverted flat spin. :clap:

So what are you suggesting I should try Fred? Can you list the control inputs as I’ve just done please.

L&K

Keith.

Fred:
I am no expert, Richard will certainly do a better job than me here, but you should do a snap roll after the dive, end on the back , and then inverted flat spin.

You can train by decomposing the sequence.

Do some snap rolls, and try to end them inverted.

Flat inverted spin, well, it's a spin, but on the back  :wink:
Flat, you need lots of ailerons, rudder, elevator inputs. But as usual anyway, practice, practice!

Now, the glider you are using might not be the best suited for that.
You will do the snap rolls ok with speed, you will spin, but might not look like in the manual due to machine limitations!

And here we go, we can blame the glider! Easy!  :D

Happy Days:
Okay Fred,
this sounds like a lot of fun. And if there’s one thing I enjoy,…..it’s having FUN! :lol:

I must tell Santa that I need a new aerobatic plane for Xmas, because Fred has told me I do!!!

Richard, Oh, RICHARD! Give me your input. And if you tell me I need a new plane as well, then Santa might bring me two! :clap:  
(Life gets better. :wink: )

K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version