Damn! Might have helped relax my back!!

andrew wallace

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bmfc.btinternet.co.uk
today
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 20:36:44 PM »
me terry and robert managed to get a few flights today
winds where blowing about 12mphand from the west the sun was shining but it was bitterly cold
sorry no photo's today but looking out over the fields of Magilligan the water has all dried up  :D
terry flew his fox robert flew a 100" thermal model and i flew my quark and bullet  :D
i\'m an ordinary man nothing special nothing grand

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
today
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 20:13:23 PM »
Sunny, warm, light to no wind. Been waiting for today to try out my Hobbyking bungee rubber. Setup up a hi-start with 20m rubber 100m line. First launch was ok straight into a little thermal 2 minute flight not bad. Second launch more height similar flight. 3rd launch more height similar flight. 4th launch similar height more flight! straight in a decent thermal. Up up up up.. 25 minutes later :lol: First decent thermal of the summer.
Had a few more flights but that was by far the best.  Reckon I can get a lot more height from the launch with more line. I can probably add another 30/40 metres before i reach the limits of the field. Really happy with the Hobbyking rubber. Was hopin with a decent hi-start i could do a good bit of thermal flying this year. So far so good. Now I want a 3 metre thermal machine. Better start cutting some foam!  :lol:

johnfireball

• View Profile
today
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 00:26:19 AM »
Hi all,
      no wind today so went flying with my dad today. Cloud base 1000 feet and still air so no gliding, but most enjoyable. I cant believe he's 80 this year.
John.
http://youtu.be/Rz5Ob4q7ef8
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
today
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 07:10:05 AM »
Well here’s a coincidence. :shock:  For the first time, since my wife and I moved to Ireland, we saw a powered glider over our house on, I think it was Saturday. (Might have been Friday.)

Your dad hasn’t been flying around the Enniscorthy area has he? And 80 years young! He’ll be catching me up soon. :wink:

K.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
today
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 19:45:37 PM »
Nice one John.
I think that's the motor glider that has flown over my house in Naas a number of times. Saw it on they way back from Mt Leinster a year or two ago as well, flying parallel with the M9 motorway. Its based in Kilrush, is that right?

johnfireball

• View Profile
today
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 23:23:31 PM »
Yes Keith that was on friday they were over that way. They must have got lost Andrew following the motorway back to Kilrush (I joke of course they are some of the best pilots in the country, 60 years at it) They have been flying that aircraft since new in 1974. It,s powered by a volkswagon engine and has got to be the most economical powered flying machine in the country. It soars engine off, prop feathered quite reasonably. A classic machine with great character, I love it.
John.

johnfireball

• View Profile
today
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 23:26:33 PM »
Oh by the way notice the tree on the approach to the runway, many are quite nervous of it. Apparently just skim the treetop and your approach is perfect.
John.

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
today
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 23:51:25 PM »
Quote from: "johnfireball"
They must have got lost Andrew following the motorway back to Kilrush.

Who is this Andrew you are referring to  :D  :D  :wink:
Alan.

johnfireball

• View Profile
today
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2012, 22:59:19 PM »
Oops sorry Alan, senior moment.
John