Author Topic: A4 Skyhawk  (Read 7827 times)

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
A4 Skyhawk
« on: March 01, 2012, 19:42:31 PM »
With the help of John Pearson, a great big parcel awaited me when I came home from work today. In it, a lovely A4 Skyhawk, my first PSS model. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction John.
It looks like a great kit. It has everything bar the servos, Rx and battery. Here are some pics.

I sincerely doubt i'll have it ready for the PSS fly in. But I will make a start.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
A4 Skyhawk
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 20:35:46 PM »
You “sincerely doubt” !!! :shock:

I sincerely HOPE you will have it ready Alan. I’m sure you could assemble that in a few hours, looks to me as though it all slots together. And if you haven’t already ordered the servos, they should only take a few days to arrive. The Glide-In is three weekends away, you can do it, honestly you can!

Remember, “He who hesitates is lost” ………..Go for it Alan, you might surprise yourself! :D

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
A4 Skyhawk
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 21:11:34 PM »
I don't know why, but I got it in my mind that the fly-in was only 2 weeks away. I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

the Pope

• View Profile
A4 Skyhawk
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
hello ALAN

This is a good choice to begin PSS.......I hope some pictures of the first flight the next we........ :lol:
melon et melèche............

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
A4 Skyhawk
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 16:51:50 PM »
Hi Alan

You will have the A4 build over a few nights, if you need servos, Richard does a range of 1.8kg mg servos, I use them for all my small models. The model will go together great, the only problem I had, was with the decals, water slide transfers, they just will not stick to the foam, so I got a few plastic type sticky back which done the job great. If you are going to paint the model, use the test pots (water based) which you get from the local paint shops, then use a water type varnish to finish, cheap and easy to use system, as used on my Mig 29.

Hopefully you will have the model ready for the PSS, would look great in the air, if there were two A4 skyhawks flying in formation off the slope :clap:

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
A4 Skyhawk
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 19:05:02 PM »
Thanks Keith, Pope and John. I'll get started on the weekend. I'll post pictures when I can.
By the way John, did you use the glue supplied with the kit or something else? Also did you close off the jet air intakes or did leave them open?

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
A4 Skyhawk
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 21:03:38 PM »
Hi Alan

I used foam friendly cyano  for most of the build, and a hot glue gun for the wing joining and fixing in the servos. As for the air intakes, YES cover them with tape, I used clear tape, also add some tape under the wings and fuselage to protect the foam on landing.

You will have to add some ballast ( lead) at the Cof G position, so make a small cut out under the wings. I will check my model and see how much lead is required, this will help the model fly better of the slope.