Author Topic: Who is traveling this weekend?  (Read 26652 times)

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
Who is traveling this weekend?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 07:20:03 AM »
Great fotos Jp !

Keith , things could be worse, imagine if this was your misses and you !

Richard Boyd
A bad days flying is better than a good days work.

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 10:02:47 AM »
:shock: God Richard!

Once again, thank you all for coming (especially in a Bank Holiday week end  :oops: ) and a total of 10 pilots showed up on Sunday (3 on Saturday) from all over the country and from far up North  :clap:

Saturday : Weather forcast predicted rain pretty much all day, but once again, you can't really predict what will happen very locally! Sun and good wind all morning! First clouds started to show up at 9 stones at around 12, and we had our first shower for about an hour (less I think...), but still managed to stay outside having a good chat!
Then back to the slope again under the sun for some light ish wind flying, where JP putted up a good fight down the valley with his X-Trem, but will finally go for a long walk. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose, but that's how we learn  :clap:
John then flew hi BD5 PSS, and the X-Trem again (but on the right this time!  :P )
We called it a day at around 3.30 when we saw a big rain front coming towards us..That will finally miss us  :!:  And we ended up the day flying... Erm.. Electric planes  :oops:  :P  All in all, a good day.
And then of course, off to the pub, JP, Roisin (very pleased to see you! JP is a lucky man!!) and myself. Only to see that Ireland and France respectively lost their games!  :cry:  Crowded pub as you can imagine, good chat, good fun!

I setup my Alula... Flying it was like cheating really. A very good machine to fly close to you in almost no wind / thermal

Hmmm.. Ok, what is our next move Keith!?

Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Fred

• Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »
Sunday :
Up to 9 Stones at 10. Sun, big wind to one of the best slope at Mt Leinster, all was perfectly set to have a very good day! I knew killing all these chickens in a ritual way would work!  :lol:
Lots of flying was done that day, I think it's safe to say that we all had a great day and everybody had it's fair share of flying!  :D
By the way, the day started with big winds, that were slowly dying in the mid afternoon, allowing all models to fly, from the heaviest to the lightest glider throughout the day.

Here are some photos (sorry, no in flight ones.. My camera is not good for that  :!: )
And I'm gutted! I only have 5 minutes of videos! Used an old DV tape for some reasons.. The first 10 minutes are dead!!  :!:  :!:  I had some very good footage of Kevin's Bergfalke, JP Mig and Ralph Fouga and others... All that is gone!  :!:  :!:

Fred

• Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 10:20:02 AM »

Slope was crowded like we never saw it before!
Roisin counted 60 cars at some point, parked everywhere. That was like that all afternoon!

Once again, thank you all for coming! And see you in a few weeks  :D

Fred

• Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 17:07:01 PM »
And a short video with what I saved from the tape :

[youtube]http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=38789544[/youtube]

My most sincere apologies for the poor choice of music! (only had that on the PC.. some sort of meditation stuff I believe...)

Come on Keith, we all know you are going to produce a good one!  :D

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 17:27:44 PM »
Looks like you all had a good weekend, I'm sorry I missed it. :cry:
Nice selection of models.

Mr Keith Sir, please Sir, can I avoid the lines and the naughty corner, I did send in a sick line  :wink:

I'm hoping to make it down at Easter, but at the moment I'm not confident I could manage the journey in the car :!:  :roll:

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2012, 19:25:40 PM »
Some good photography there Fred, and thank you for your complements, and confidence in me. I didn’t know you cared,…..You're such a sweetie! :wink:

Mr. Scott, whilst it is true that you did send in a sick note I suppose I should relent and let you off. So as you’re a nice chap I will.
But don’t let it happen again!!!

As for my video of the event,……. I’ve had to stop production for two reasons,
1/ My tummy is getting tied up in knots because I’m having trouble getting my audio levels right. :!:
2/ I can’t read the notes that I’ve written.  :? (I should have been a doctor, nobody can read my writing, not even me! )

I’ll come back to it later when I’ve done something to take my mind off it for a while. :twisted: :oops:   Should be ready to view by tomorrow. (Just hope it turns out to be worth the effort! :roll: )

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 00:13:41 AM »
Okay, finally after much swearing :evil: , backtracking :? , and paracetamol :x, here it is.
At the risk of sounding bigheaded, I think you’re gonna like this one. :) ………Not a lot! but maybe just a little.

I like to try and instil an element of ‘entertainment’ in my films, largely by injecting liberal doses of humour at various salient points. Sometimes however, to achieve that humour, it’s necessary to ‘sail a little close to the wind.
I’m publishing this video in the sincere & genuine belief that no one will be offended by it’s contents, for I assure all viewers that none what-so-ever is intended.

Can’t remember how to embed the video into the post, so here is the web address.
I hope you enjoy it…….

[youtube]http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=38812384[/youtube]

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 07:02:14 AM »
interesting, informative and witty  :lol:
great video Keith,
Richard Boyd
A bad days flying is better than a good days work.

Fred

• Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »
Very good Keith  :clap:  :clap:
A funny one, nice comments!  :D

You are now the official videographer!  :P

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 13:49:16 PM »
Hey all. Looks like a great meeting and my favourite slope as well :(  :!:  :!:
Messed up there with my dates big time. Almost made it for an hour or two. Packed the car and was driving down the lane when i changed my mind. Mothers days, wife had invited family and friends over for the day and there i was driving to the mountain. Those with wives(or just one) will know that was a bad move. So alas. It was not to be. Glad you all had a good day. See ya next time!

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 14:42:50 PM »
Thanks for your comments guys. :D  Official videographer hu! Does that mean I get a free door stop or something? :?:

(Clears throat) “I would like to thank my parents for giving life to someone as lovely as me. And I’d like to thank my teachers ( starts to sob) :cry:  and my friend, and the little old lady who let me share her umbrella on a wet afternoon when I was waiting at a bus stop in 1963."…ect ect ect

Joe, you big ol' softy you! :roll:
 By the way, how did you know that your wife and invited family and friends didn't actually want you to go off to Mt. Lienster?

(Did you see the post from John "fireball" about your address?)

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 19:08:30 PM »
Hi keith, as always, a classic production, even Roisin had a big smile on her face after watching the video. :P  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 19:40:19 PM »
Nice one Keith. Very entertaining :D :D :D .

DaveMc

• View Profile
    • http://uk.geocities.com/dave72ie/
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 21:23:59 PM »
Looked like a lovely weekends flying. nice vid kieth  :clap:
At least we walk towards our crashes and not run screaming from them ;)