Author Topic: This Weekend  (Read 7391 times)

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
This Weekend
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:03:23 AM »
Anyone going to fly at Kilakee this weekend. I'm going to try to make it there after lunch today or maybe tomorrow Sunday, hopefully. Plans have a bad habit of changing in this family  :roll: .

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 18:01:50 PM »
Hi Alan,

Yes for me (for sunday), but that will depend of the wind.
West to North, no Pb, I will be there !

You can send me a text if you are going to the slope : 086 083 1782

Fred
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
This Weekend
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 11:14:14 AM »
As I mention in the first post, plans have a habit of changing in this family, and guess what they have  :roll: . I'm going to have to learn to drive and get my own car. Its the only way if I want to fly any time I want. Going to the Dublin Gliding Club instead to take some snaps of real gliders, it's only 5 minuts away from me. Hope to make to Kilakee some time this summer.

Fred

• Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
This Weekend
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 11:45:55 AM »
Ok so..  :(
I'm going to meet Joe in Mt Leinster.

If you are going to the Dublin Glider club, can you tell me if they have vintage machines ?
And the type if possible ?

I'll may come down one day if there are interresting subjects...

Fred

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
This Weekend
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 20:51:10 PM »
The only vintage gliders I know of that fly at the Dublin gliding Club are Ka8b, Ka6CR, ASK13, SF27, Zugvogal IIIb. There may be a few more. I'm not sure wheather you would call some of them vintage though. At what point does a glider become vintage.

By the way there was another change of plans on Sunday. I got to fly after all. But not from the slope, from the flat. A friend of mine rang me up and asked if I wanted to fly near by my home. It was the first time I flew from a bungee. It was great :D . I may be hooked.
Looking at those pictures of the Ventus 2c its looks like you had a good time at Mt Lensiter as well  :D .

Fred

• Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
This Weekend
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 07:53:07 AM »
Quote from: "Alan_Perse"
The only vintage gliders I know of that fly at the Dublin gliding Club are Ka8b, Ka6CR, ASK13, SF27, Zugvogal IIIb. There may be a few more. I'm not sure wheather you would call some of them vintage though. At what point does a glider become vintage.

By the way there was another change of plans on Sunday. I got to fly after all. But not from the slope, from the flat. A friend of mine rang me up and asked if I wanted to fly near by my home. It was the first time I flew from a bungee. It was great :D . I may be hooked.
Looking at those pictures of the Ventus 2c its looks like you had a good time at Mt Lensiter as well  :D .

Hi Alan,

Generally,  glider build before 1960 are considered "vintage". I have to go once to the club and take some pictures... :roll:

You flew the Pilatus ? Bungee is the best alternative for flat field when you don't have a tow plane around.
The max size I have launch with a bungee was my Discus (3.30mtrs). Limit, but possible !

And you've really missed a great day in Mount Leinster !!  :D  God that was good !!  :D

Fred