Author Topic: JART LT  (Read 6363 times)

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
JART LT
« on: August 28, 2008, 22:35:50 PM »
WARNING!! Alcohol and internet access can lead to JART!!

So as you probably guessed. I now have a JART LT. Was going to do a build thread but there is no building to do. Ready to go in a few hours really. Just glue on the tail and install the servos. The other half had the camera with her when I got the chance to get it together so don't have any photos pre "build".

Couple of flights today. Tried a new slope out with Keith AKA Happy days. The slope is a good height but has a gentle slope for the most part. We walking down a good bit of the way until it steepened. Lift was not too bad and we were able to fly fairly close in.

Managed a few decent flights. I think I am going to like this machine. Fast, responsive and makes a nice swwwwishh as is speeds by! Needed more wind to really get going but got a taste of what it can do today. I think the light LT version will suit the slopes I fly a better than the total lead sled and will work well in moderate to strong winds on the small cliffs near me and at Mt Leinster.

Anyway here are some pics from today. Flew my Luna as well. which i need to fly more as it really is a nice glider. Keith flew his Zagi which I chased around the sky with my Skua for a good hour!

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
JART LT
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:41:51 AM »
Yeah, I can see that !
Alcohol is bad ! you've been Jarted now !  :mrgreen:

35mhz synth on that one too ? Just want to have a go and laugh  :mrgreen:  :P  :P
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
JART LT
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »
Yea,.......poor Joe gets two hangovers from alcohol,... one from the drink itself, and the other from his credit card bill!

Good days flying yesterday. Only slight problem was that to get to the top of the steepest part of the slope we had to negotiate a 4ft. barbwire fence. Climbing over it made one aware of ones "Manhood". Joe said it didn't worry him, now that he's a father.
(He's a strange lad, that Joe.              Nice,.... but definitely strange!)

I must get some more practice of combat flying, it's really good fun.

And I have a Sprit 'Elite' near completion. It's taken me over a hundred hours to build so far, so no combat for this little sweety.
I'm not as experienced at building as you Fred. This is my very first plan built plane, so really I'm just a virgin!
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
JART LT
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 14:19:29 PM »
Quote from: "Fred"

35mhz synth on that one too ? Just want to have a go and laugh  :mrgreen:  :P  :P

Yep Synth receiver in that one so you are more than welcome to have a go. We can swap. I'll do some aerobatics and you can do some fast half pipes. The Jart snap rolls better than any other glider I have flown. Until I fly the WazEco that is I'd say!

garrykeogh

• View Profile
JART LT
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 19:01:41 PM »
Nice looking JART Joe!

And, if you don't mind me saying... you should be a little more careful how you use (abuse) the internet.  Let this purchase be a warning to you of the mind altering and addictive properties of the interweb thing   :roll:

Might get the family out for a picnic on Mt. Leinster on Sunday.  Fingers crossed!

Garry