Planes > Trainer

Only flown once... but 20 years of hangar rash.

(1/6) > >>

angry_muppet:
A friend who's grandfather was somewhat interested in RC models was glad to hand this off to me for free, so I'm not complaining!  8) Robbe Eurotrainer.

As can be seen, there's quite a few punctures in the covering.  There's also a hinge missing from an aileron.  And the plastic wingtips are cracked... Or missing completely!  :(

It'll take a bit of work to get in the air.

It also has a 4ch 35MHz Futaba controller (still boxed and priced at IR£189...)  ???  I believe the engine is an OS40 (was IR£64)

I'll be needing assistance and advice on repairs/improvements.  I suppose the first thing to be done is to fix the nosewheel (currently steerable)?

Has anyone come across colour schemes in the deep dark recesses of the web?  I have found precious little to suggest this model ever existed!

goreyflyer:
Clean it!!!
Either patch up the holes or strip and recover the whole plane.
Take the fuel tank apart, new fuel line use brass tube as a section on the clunk line to stop the clunk "doubling back on itself" in the event of a heavy landing.
New fuel line to carb and exhaust.
Does the engine turn over?
Get a drop of after run into the engine.
Take the carburettor off check the O rings. Check and clean main needle and poss new O rings,
Check the throttle arm for seizure.
Spare glow plugs!

Fred:
Same, clean it, patch and fly the damn thing :)
They are not meant to be pretty, but to fly, fly and fly :)

Also, a very quick thing. Can you post your photos on the forum directly? Not Photobucket?
As the photos will eventually disappear, or in my case, they are blocked :(

Happy Days:
Nar!!! Forget the above, electrify the bloody thing. You'll need a starter motor, fuel pump and god knows what else to get it running as an IC >:(

angry_muppet:
I agree Keith! Wives are temperamental enough without temperamental IC RC aircraft...  8)

I jest (in case she sees this over my shoulder!)  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version