Author Topic: DevWing 2...  (Read 4223 times)

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
DevWing 2...
« on: December 15, 2017, 09:16:56 AM »
This week, I learnt a new software (no harm seeing the poor weather!! :( )

Anyway, here are my 2 pence worth. I usually have no issues designing wings (I like it actually!), but I had a look at this software for a while now, and decided to give it a go for an upcoming project (3m MH52 tow plane).

So, what does that do? A lot of things! :) The best part for me, is the 3D view, really put the model to life and in perspective. Now, to me, you only can get as far as a 90% complete project, but I guess that depend of your habits. For instance, I like closing the ailerons off on the wing side. That does not do it... Unless you scratch your head for a couple of hours and use the spar function!

Same for the ailerons, I like to run a wood strip along them etc. But anyway, that move the wing designing process a bit quicker, and at the end you really have little parts to finish designing. And that does not add a end rib also!

So, is it worth the 70 euros? I'd say yes, but in my case, there is still a couple of hours of work to get a wing design finished, but that definitively goes quicker... And that depend of your habits of course!
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!