Author Topic: Conversion of Graupner mc24 from weatronic fhss??  (Read 1007 times)

Enda t byrne

• View Profile
Conversion of Graupner mc24 from weatronic fhss??
« on: March 13, 2023, 19:50:15 PM »
Hi guys , I have a graupner mc24 with weatronics 2.4 module but no rx and would like to convert any ideas ?

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Re: Conversion of Graupner mc24 from weatronic fhss??
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 20:42:28 PM »
Hey Enda,

Hope you are keeping well :)

I believe there is lots of choice for conversion these days, and all systems are all well capable as well.
You can convert to Graupner HOTT if you want to stay 100% Graupner. They do, or used to do a full conversion set + telemetry display if I remember. Then you use the Graupner Hott receivers etc.
Multiplex also do a module for 2.4ghz conversion.
Jeti also does a conversion with telemetry display (maybe not produced anymore, not sure!).

And if you want to do a bit of soldering, FRSky is still a very capable system if you can get a X module and the receivers (my first conversion was with my MC18)

Lot of options, it really depend of the overall cost of the receivers etc etc really, as the main issue I found, was not the conversion in itself, but more changing all my receivers :( (I still have 2 radios as I transition everything slowly to a single system)
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Enda t byrne

• View Profile
Re: Conversion of Graupner mc24 from weatronic fhss??
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 14:20:10 PM »
Hi Fred,
Thanks for your response :)
I am currently using multiplex profi with 2.4 conversion  and would like to keep everything the same , but I don’t have the trainer port for ppm signal on the graupner transmitter , noting seems to be available anymore sadly  :-X