Author Topic: HX 213 Glider  (Read 10777 times)

nichos

• View Profile
HX 213 Glider
« on: July 24, 2009, 22:19:26 PM »
First time after 50 years I am about to try model flying again.

If anybody used this cheap "HX 213 Glider", could you give me an idea of how it flys?, or is it a bad choice I made concidering that's all I could afford.

Many thanks, ............nick

( http://www.remote-island.co.uk/Categories/Planes/HX213_Glider/Radio_Controlled_HX213_Plane.htm )

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
HX 213 Glider
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 08:43:07 AM »
I started flying when I was 50,….er …..something :oops:  Nichos, so welcome aboard Although I only fly gliders or electric powered models I’ve never flown a HX 123, nor do I know anyone who has I’m afraid. Looks like a Park-flyer type, do you know it’s wingspan?

It appears not to have any movable control surfaces so presumably height is changed by varying the power to both motors, and turns by varying the power between the motors.

If I were you I’d find a wide open space with no trees, or people and a large flat surface to land on. (Long grass would be good, it’ll cushion the landing. Which I my view is the hardest part of flying! :lol: )

For first flight I’d advise you to wait till the weather is dead calm. Flying her in a breeze could prove difficult to control. (Just after dawn is when the air tends to be most still) When you launch her, look just below the horizon. Don’t look down, don’t look up at the sky. (People tend throw towards where they’re looking.)

That’s about all I can offer you, may be another member of the forum will come up with some advise,   Good Luck Nichos and remember, "If at first you don't succeed,........."

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

nichos

• View Profile
HX 213 Glider
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:14:18 AM »
Thanx Keith, will do

scroll down the URL for all infos on this el. glider.

http://www.remote-island.co.uk/Categories/Planes/HX213_Glider/Radio_Controlled_HX213_Plane.htm :

Wingspan: 1080mm
Length: 750mm
2 channels

PS. Alas, this is another's opinion:-

"...........how it flies .. well its exciting!  ... and its also very whats the word im lookin for..... crap... its a handful to say the least it does and will fly but its quite fast and has absolutely no way to recover if you get the nose pointed down........"

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
HX 213 Glider
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 19:03:08 PM »
Yea’ those comments don’t surprise me Nick, it hasn’t got any moving control surfaces. :(

I’m sorry to say this, but if you are serious about learning to fly (Gliders) you’re going to need to spend a bit more money. Second hand purchases of transmitters (Tx) and receivers (Rx) can save you some dosh, provided what you buy works properly. Actual trainer  models are best bought new, in my opinion, that way at least you know they haven’t been “bent” by the previous owner. :cry:

At the very minimum you’d be looking at say £300.  Really the best way to get into this hobby is to join a local club and talk to the pilots there. They can point you in the right direction, help you learn to fly, and may be even have some second hand gear you could buy :D

Sorry to be the bearer if bad news Nick. :(

nichos

• View Profile
HX 213 Glider
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 18:32:50 PM »
OK chaps, you flown it you must know,

Will try & find from a club a known used trainer for sale.

Thanx   ........nick

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
HX 213 Glider
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 18:57:30 PM »
Nick, I see your location is S.W. Bucks, look up the Britsh Model flying Association www.bmfa.org, they will have a list of flying clubs near you. :)

Most pliots love to give newcomers advise. Of course you may find that some of it is contradictory but you'll learn a lot. And in the long run it's far cheaper to learn from other peoples mistakes.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Who knows, mabe one day you'll come over to Ireland and join us at one of our fly-in's. :D

Keith

nichos

• View Profile
HX 213 Glider
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 09:03:51 AM »
thanx, yes will do via the web
nick