Author Topic: ASW 20  (Read 71007 times)

Peter

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
ASW 20
« on: January 16, 2010, 16:59:19 PM »
Here's some pictures of an ASW 20 build from a Mike Trew plan - a stable mate for the Pilatus B4.  Another planked fuselage!  So far so good.  

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 18:59:14 PM »
Meticulous work Peter, well done. :clap:

I admire your tenacity. Thanks for letting us see your handy work in progress

One question,……your workshop doesn’t look like a greenhouse. So why is there a max/min thermometer in the first picture???  :lol:
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »
Looks great Peter. How long did it take you to get that far?

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
ASW 20
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 20:26:37 PM »
Nice work Peter. Another fine addition to your scale hanger. Should look good along side the Pilatus.

orionis

• View Profile
    • http://orionis1.free.fr
ASW 20
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 18:07:56 PM »
Hello,
Peter's pictures made me feel like building this glider.
I've emailed and faxed Traplet and asked some questions but I received no answer yet.
I've been told the their postal delays are quite long; maybe someone who own this plan could make a copy out of it?
Please feel free to PM me if you are agree or know another way to buy this plan.
Fabrice

Peter

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 20:24:23 PM »
Hello Fabrice,

I bought a canopy from Traplet last year and it worked out OK.  Hopefully they will respond to you.  If not - post again.  If you start a build - put  some pictures on the forum.  It would be interesting to compare notes!  Good luck!

Keith - my work area is on a return attic landing with an overhead Velux window and no heating - its boiling in the summer and freezing in winter - hence the max/min themometer! Started this build straight after Christmas - although I had been doing some fret sawing for about a month before - targeted two formers a day!

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 20:53:29 PM »
Hi Peter. Do you build the second half of the fuselage onto the first half, or do you build them separately and join them later?

orionis

• View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 08:04:43 AM »
Thanks for your answer Peter.
I'll surely post pictures of my building, but it won't be before a while, I have a lot of other building projects to be achieved before this one!
However, I'll follow your own building very carefully.

Steve650

• View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »
Keep up the great work Peter. Any more photos yet.? 'm building the same plan here in Australia, but I'm doing the 19 version.. Im nearly at the same stage as you, however I've built mine as 2 seperate halves, and am about to plank the fuz.
Cheers Steve

orionis

• View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 08:33:06 AM »
Hi Steve,
When I'll begin my own building, this post will be an international asw 19-20 building post!  :wink:

Steve650

• View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 03:00:33 AM »
Hi Fabrice, an international build group..what fun!! I'm just about to head out to get some supplies to start planking up my fuse now. Hopefully some more pictures soon when I get it done.
Cheers Steve :D

Peter

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 14:04:26 PM »
Good to hear of those other ASW 19/20 builds going on out there.  Here are some more pictures of progress with mine.  I built directly onto the planked first half of the fuselage - I find it easier to install the controls, particualrly in the tail - doing it this way.  

orionis

• View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 14:35:19 PM »
Thanks very much for your pictures Peter, they will be very helpfull when I start my own building.
Did you choose which version you're building, 19 or 20? The only difference between the two versions is the flaps, is that correct?

Steve650

• View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 08:27:56 AM »
I wish I'd seen the pics a bit earlier Fabrice! Ive built my fuselage in 2 halves :x  Not to worry, hopefullt it will all work out to the good. Im planning on trying to run the elevator servo in the tail, probably something like a HS82MG, and pull-pull rudder.
I'm doing the 19 version which the RAF had called the Valiant T1(??) There were only 6 built for them, so hopefully I can do it justice.
Cheers Steve

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
ASW 20
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 17:29:48 PM »
Hi Peter.

How is the ASW 20 coming along?