Author Topic: So Who is traveling this Weekend?  (Read 48054 times)

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
So Who is traveling this Weekend?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 14:26:41 PM »
Rain? Cold ? Snow ? Pffff! Girl stuff!   :D

Yep, we flew in this... Advantage when to bright colored gliders!

Keith... :P

Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

andrew wallace

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bmfc.btinternet.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 14:58:11 PM »

this is the only damage done to the wing  :D should be easy fixed

the old arms were sore this morning  :lol: not used to climbing trees
looking at that picture of alans that tree was tall

big thanks to Bill and John and everyone else that helped get it down  :clap:

think i'll wear my glasses next time  8)  i swore i was nowhere near the trees when coming in to land  :oops:

great weekends craic and thanks to every one  :clap:
i\'m an ordinary man nothing special nothing grand

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 15:02:19 PM »
Thanks for coming Andrew!  :clap:

And remember, there will always be a bed for you in Bunclody!  :mrgreen:
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 15:53:03 PM »
Well, as I'm skiving, (took afternoon off!), got  my pics downloaded and sorted through a bit.

The NI Mafia arriving (A.K.A. Island Slope Rebels: NI Division)

Saturday was a bit misty & damp  

Sunday was a MUCH better day

Unfortunately at the end of the day, Andrew tree'd his Flamingo but it was recovered, as he climbed a fair way up a TALL pine tree and shook it until the model dislodged. It was fine when it left the tree, but the ground intervened! :x

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 18:45:57 PM »
Hi all, thanks to the Slope Rebels for a marvelous weekend !
I have some fantastic memories from both the flying and Saturday evenings entertainment  :wink:

Richard
Richard Boyd
A bad days flying is better than a good days work.

shamanisko

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 20:51:47 PM »
Hi All
I has been my first time that i met you guys and I have to say - it was funtastic!!!Im just bit sorry that I coudnt come on sat aswell as I was so  looking forward to see som of the pss models flying, specialy the Dreamliner and other, but well..there is always next time  :D
It realy does make a difference to fly along somebody, and it is a welcome change form flying alone, so count me in for next time.
Only downside was that I forgot to tighten the aileron pushrod on my new cularis  :!:  and it came off after first landing so I could not do a second flight :?  anyway... needs a bit of trimming but it flyes well.

Thank you all for the warm welcome on the slope.

Peter

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
Cau Cau Peter, it was very good to meet with you at Mt. Leinster, I really enjoyed watching you fly your Fox.
It was a shame that your pushrod came off on landing your new Cularis, it is a very nice flying plane.
Anyway think over a trip up North to fly with us on the 16th-17th of April.
Weather permitting it should be a fun weekend.

Richard
Richard Boyd

error404

• View Profile
    • http://www.rubberprintdesign.com
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2011, 12:34:08 PM »
Glad to meet the NI Division on the slope on Saturday, at least you got some great weather on Sunday to fly. Will hopefully make it up to you for the fly in.

best regards,
Anthony
www.rubberprintdesign.com
Vinyl Lettering / Decals / Labels for your models.
T-Shirts / Polos / Jackets / Hoodies for you.
Mousemats / Jigsaws / Mugs / Posters / Keyrings

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2011, 21:24:31 PM »
Great weekend all. Nice to see ya all again. Thankfully the weather was kind to us on Sunday at least. Thanks for sharing the photos. Might see ya again in April. ya never know!?

Fergal Gordon

• View Profile
Mount Leinster Fly In
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2011, 21:36:01 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for making Sunday a grate day.  I had only flown once in the past few months and was really rusty.  It was great to get some nice flying in good lift.  And even nicer to home without having to do some repairs.

Looking forward to the next fly in.

Best regards,

Fergal

andrew wallace

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bmfc.btinternet.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 21:47:56 PM »
hi Fergal
thanks for helping me get the model down from the tree
i carried your wind sock up a very tall tree and it was useful  :clap:
it was a great weekend and i look forwards to returning to mount leinster soon  :D
i\'m an ordinary man nothing special nothing grand

Eiretime

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 23:44:16 PM »
Hi all,
 just thought id take peek between college work to see how you are all getting on over there and looks like im missing out! Plenty of cold but happy faces I see and lots of models too! Successful weekend then, though im sure Fred was happy I wasnt there and trying to go through one of his big scalies  :D  I will never forget those piloting skills Fred! Hope she's flying well again mate, sorry about that.  Great to see some images of  Mt.L and all the usual faces, I really do miss the craic on the slopes at home, don't know when i will be back but hopefully over the summer sometime though work looks pretty non existent right now!  The course is going really well though I ended picking probably the worst County to go sloping in! Essex is as flat as a pancake so i have resorted to buying a dlg to get get some kind of regular fix! It's in the post so should get it pretty soon fingers x'ed. I am getting some gliding in though it requires alot of driving to not really the best of flying sites which are crowed. Wow I'm missing those Slopes at home, you guy's really are so lucky.
 Any ways  I do hope you are all well and if any of you need a place to stay this side of the pond your always welcome and it would be pleasure to put you up and show you the Essex night life!!, we are only 20 minutes from Liverpool Street by train  and the same from Stansted Airport in a bus.

Thanks,

ed

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2011, 07:51:26 AM »
Hi Ed , we all missed you at the weekend !
What type of DLG have you decided to purchase ?
Along the sea wall at Canvey Island is a fun place to fly a DLG and that is pretty close to you.
You donot get great height but you can get up quite abit of speed and rolls etc, are no problems.

Great to hear from you,

Richard
Richard Boyd

Eiretime

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »
Hi there Richard, good to hear from you. I ended up going for a Blaster 3 which I'm pretty excited about but was originally going to go with a PCM Mini Fireworks Q with ailerons but my 2.4 radio gear just wouldnt get in so just ended up going for a full size instead. I would have prefured a 1 meter to train myself  to start off on till I got my confidence but hopefully it will be ok .  Funny you should mention Canvey Island because i met the guy who compiled Slope Hunter a few weeks ago and that is one of the slopes he's mapped on his site. I havent been there yet but your right it's not that far. These are some of the other slopes i checked out which are a bit of a treck but doable . Walton on the Naze are small sandy cliffs near to me with a very nasty rotor, Thurnham Castle Hill in Kent which works pretty well considering it's not a big slope and always a good bunch there and then there are the South Downs which are in the Irish League but not quite :lol: And Ivinghoe Beacon which is the completely other side of London Near Oxford which was the first slope I few at. Depressing to say the least, everybody was so enthusiastic about the slope but I couldn't believe how small it was! I had just come from Ireland with mega uncrowded hills to this!!. 2 years with possibly no slopes close by!!!  All sorted now as I have scouted a few bumps closer to me that could serve as micro slopes and a chance to learn alot I guess about a different kind of soaring with dlging. Silly I never bought one at home though I was close to it, shame as I would have learnt alot from you and the Lads. How are you getting on with your DS Bird? any dsing,any video? Looks like alot of fun that ship, still very tempted! Hows the Vector? I see Hammond is starting up his own operation now, very exciting!

ed

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2011, 14:24:30 PM »
Hi Ed good to here from you,hopefully all that study hasn't cooked your Gray matter yet.

By the way has anyone got any video ready from the weekend, ??