Author Topic: Sloping at Stefánshöfði in Kleifarvatn  (Read 5316 times)

selleri

• View Profile
Sloping at Stefánshöfði in Kleifarvatn
« on: April 05, 2014, 22:19:53 PM »
If that heading doesn't mess with your eyes then nothing will!

As you might make out from the title of the thread I finally got some air under my wing today!   :D
It handles well and I'm quite pleased with it!

My partners in crime.

Heavy traffic!  ;)

The original wing my mate Bjarni has, mine was tucked away on the top shelf after it finally arrived.

Mini Graphite.

Ohh, picture of me!

My wing.

Hard trying to keep up with the Mini Graphite!
Sverrir - Icelandic Volcano Yeti

stephen.shannon

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 00:34:41 AM »
Smashing Selleri, great photos.
Our deepest fear is not that we are weak but that we are powerful beyond measure..... Marianne Williamson

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 02:01:24 AM »
Love Bjarni’s colour scheme. :D  Stands out nicely. At a quick glance, by the uninitiated, it looks like part of your national flag. (Well, almost!) I understand the flag can only be flown on certain days in Iceland, may be that’s why his wing is a little different. (So it can be flown anytime) I’m digging myself into a hole here aren't I, :roll: ,…..think I’ll shut up!

Are you sure you couldn’t sneak your wing into your luggage when you come to Ireland Selleri? Quite a few of us have Zagi’s and alike. An extra model in the air makes for more combat target practice. :twisted:
Mind you, we haven’t got as many steep  glaciated valleys as you. Ours are a bit older and more weathered.

Anyway, nice picies. I get the feeling one of you guys knows a something about ‘f’ numbers and lens speeds.

Thanks for sharing. :clap:

Little Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

selleri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 02:34:24 AM »
lol Keith, weeeelll you are close-ish...  If you remember the X-it wing from Irvine, that one was in our flag colours!  :D  
Done by Steven Atherton who was working for Irvine at the time and had lived here in Iceland for a few years.

I'm afraid I don't own a large enough suitcase and with the extrage baggage fees it would probably be cheaper to mail order a kit.   :wink:

Cheers, guess I'll have to pretend to know something about cameras with the amount of pictures I take. Mostly of models though... no not that kind!   :roll:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/v/QQIIDQRzcf4[/youtube]

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 03:33:57 AM »
Oh WoW Selleri! Fantastic picture of the ‘Northern Lights’  8) You caught red and green lights and even a shooting star as well, you cleaver little fellow you! :clap:  :clap:

My misses is always telling me she wants to see the Northern Lights. We almost went to Tromso in Norway this winter to get a glimpse of them, but other ‘domestic’ matters stopped us. :(  Never mind, may be one day………….
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

selleri

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »
Cheers!

Always nice to watch and I'm sure they're worth the experience, if they show up that is!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/v/el-b_Ydvtc4[/youtube]

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 13:05:33 PM »
Very nice photos, many thanks again for sharing with us  :clap:

Iceland is a small island, with limited resources, so you use everything at your disposal, no waste!
On your keyboard, you use the entire alphabet, and the special characters! All of them!!  :lol:

So, if I fall asleep on my keyboard, chances are that mean something in Icelandic  :lol:
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

selleri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 21:27:15 PM »
And probably not something civilized either!   :lol: