Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 4666 times)

shamanisko

• View Profile
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:37:41 AM »
Hi Guys,
  I thought I´ll post some pictures of my first flight this year. Im in midlands area  and I have never heard of anybody else flying gliders around here and Im 5 years here so its kind of nice to know that  there are other s  :D around the country
  There are not  to many slopes around here but  I still get a good  flying out here. Devils Bit, Tountinna and Slieve Blooms. Imto lazy to climb up so Im trying to find slopes that I can acces by car. Anyway..
  Today was a fantastic day so I took my Fox out after work for a first time this year.(a bit rusty) Unfortunately  the wind calm down before I could get any lift so I had to cheat with electric power :lol: ..Anyway Nice day out

I have one question guys. Whats the story with Gliders, Slope Soaring and MACI? Do I nead to register, or get some kind of licence?

And thats my Fox:

Happy Flying

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:01:55 AM »
Hi, and welcome to the forum!  :D

There is a good bunch of guys flying in Tountinna (Ger, Dave "Bun Master" etc  :D  )

By the way, we have our first fly-in this year in 2 weeks! Feel free to come and join us for a bit of flying!

Also, for insurance etc, you will need to get one from the MACi, through a club nearby, or with us if you want (no club fees for us).
Will post something later abut that by the way, as this is the renewal season!

Anyway, welcome onboard!  :D
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:02:54 AM »
Hi Shamanisko, welcome to Glider Ireland.
Your Fox is very cool plane.
MACI is the governing orginization that regulates RC sports in Ireland.
MACI members are covered by insurance , this really is a must.
It would be great to see you at the Mt Leinster Fly-In !
Maybe Fred will post on how to be a MACI member.
Enjoy your flying

Richard
Richard Boyd
A bad days flying is better than a good days work.

shamanisko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 15:55:16 PM »
Thanks lads

I´ll take nicer half with me and we will join you on the Big L. If not flying atleast watch you guys enjoing the day.

Fred, it would be nice if you could post something about the MACI and the insurance. When, where , how much, etc.

thanx
Peter

gerryb

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 15:30:13 PM »
hi peter, yea, welcome to the forum. quite a few of us fly on tountinna. our gliding season starts about the middle of april and we fly every wed night until start of sept. you will be most welcome to join us any time you like. my mobile no is 0863497493 if you want to call for a chat.

shamanisko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 20:30:39 PM »
Hi Gerry,

Thats superb, I`ll definitely join you guys on Tountinna..I might ring you one of the wed to see if youre flying. We will probably meet on the Mount L.
   I`ve seen some pictures here from last year PSS fly in and Im so looking forward to see all the planes.  :clap:  Im actualy thinking of buying one of the PSS models :?:  or build my own :?: {btw. Where could I get foam sheets from?} :lol:
..anyway, I hope the weather will be nice on the weekend.