Author Topic: Lisburn competition on 7th Dec  (Read 8165 times)

Aidan

• View Profile
Lisburn competition on 7th Dec
« on: November 02, 2007, 08:59:35 AM »
Hi guys,

The guys in the north have decided to give F3P (Indoor precision aerobatics) a go and have organised an introductory competition for the evening of Friday Dec 7th. I've attached their flyer. They'll be running a basic non-aerobatic schedule too. I think the main event will be the F3P-C schedule. I haven't tried flying the schedule yet but I plan to enter if I can fly anything vaguely resembling the correct sequence of manoeuvers :o There'll also be F3P-AM (aeromusical routine).

Being on Friday evening I presume it'll be a problem for most of us from Dublin, Cork or elsewhere to make it but I'm going to try.

Richard Boyd posted this on RCGroups.com:
The well know IMAC pilot Mathew Poots is arranging a F3P and AM event in Lisburn just a few miles outside Belfast Northern Ireland . We are starting with a C shedule as we are all learning both pilots and judges but this has proven to be a hit and we have 20 pilots comitted to fly . Next years event is already being planned , this is how keen we all are to fly F3P.

the F3P-C schedule..... will be the main schedule for pilots !
The entry level or basic schedule...... is for novice fliers who we are encouraging to take part and get interested in F3P !
AM is for everyone to take part and entertain each other and show of there 3d skills to music ! Thanks for the help and i hope no one is confused .

The entry level schedule is:
TAKE OFF
ONE CIRCUIT
LEVEL FLIGHT
FIGURE 8
LOOP
PROCEDURE TURN -RIGHT
PROCEDURE TURN- LEFT
LANDING

The F3P-C is as per the attached Aresti schedule. I better make sure I know how to read it correctly!

Aidan

P.S. Flyer says BMFA insurance required but MACI is fine too.[/quote]

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 19:54:07 PM »
Hi Aidan,
Thanks for the info, but I think you are right, the choice of the day don't make it very easy for us, and certainly lots of people...
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

redairman

• View Profile
many thanks to Aidan and friends
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 20:04:48 PM »
Hi Aidan, just came across this post and again thanks for turning up at lisburn, you guy's certainly added to a great night. the grapevine up North has been overloaded with chat about the event and the longing for indoor FP3 to continue. Not to put pressure on you and your friends but most of use would love the opportunity to travel your direction for a days/nights craic. To keep you up to speed Dungannon club has agreed to host an event late feb early march. At this stage we are looking for a full Saturday event with practice sessions in the morning. if you can pass the word around and ask people to register an interest by emailing fp3.ni@boyds.plus.com We will do our best to let you know the progress and details.
At this early stage the plans are to hold a beginner/novice schedule, AM, F3p-C schedule and FP3-B. there should be something there for everyone.

Adrian

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 11:17:42 AM »
Hi Adrian,
When is the next event ?
And is it just for the day / afternoon or a bit longer ?

Fred
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

redairman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 07:35:28 AM »
Hi fred,
The plan is to have a full day competition probably at the weekend, at this stage its looking like a Sunday at the beginning of March, If you would like notification could you email me f3p.ni@boyds.plus.com and i'll place you on the mailing list. If you could also state if you would be interested in either competing or spectating as were trying to guage numbers.
Many thanks

Adrian

redairman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 19:51:51 PM »
Quote from: "Fred"
Hi Adrian,
When is the next event ?
And is it just for the day / afternoon or a bit longer ?

Fred

Fred,
We received confirmation this morning that the hall is booked for Sunday 2nd March 2008 begining at 10AM and finishing at 6PM. You are more than welcome to come along and compete or spectate. I'll be updating our website over the weekend to include entry forms and a flyer at the moment you can see photo's of the venue. http://www.dungannonmfc.co.uk/f3p.html  :D
Many thanks
Adrian