Author Topic: The trouble with PU glue.  (Read 3153 times)

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
The trouble with PU glue.
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:03:17 PM »
I’ve had a problem  that’s been keeping me awake at night. I’ve tossed and turned endlessly, worrying about it. It’s a problem that’s cost me a fortune over the years. …How to stop PU glue from ‘going off’ while still in the bottle?
You know yourself what it’s like. You buy a bottle of ‘Gorilla’ glue. You only need to use a drop. So you open the bottle, use the little that’s needed and return the bottle to the shelf.

Six months later, (or six days in my case) you need to effect a repair using such glue. You try to remove the cap and it won’t come off, or if it does you find the glue inside has solidified! Another ten quid down the drain.  :evil:  

Well, here’s the answer:…..
After you have opened the bottle and then replaced the cap, store the bottle up-side-down. :D  :?:

Now of course this begs the question, “How do you store the bottle up-side-down without it falling over?”
Here are some solutions to that problem.

Personally I place the bottle up-side-down inside some rolls of sticky covering take.

Another way is to use an old bean tin. Preferably after you’ve emptied of beans out, otherwise they spill out all over the shelf. (Baked beans and balsa dust never taste quite the same!)

OR
Use an old coffee mug……..

(NO, I wasn’t in the Air Force & YES I am an Ace Pilot….. In my dreams anyway!)

So there you have it!! :D  :clap:

I’m SO good to you guys,. (Treat you like my own children, so I do!) :roll:

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.