Author Topic: Help! Removing goo from a Seagull Jumper 25  (Read 4622 times)

EI1638

• View Profile
Help! Removing goo from a Seagull Jumper 25
« on: January 17, 2013, 17:16:49 PM »
Folks,

I've a Seagull Jumper 25 (IC trainer) which is in need ot some TLC.Since the model flies reasonably well for what it is (especially with an ASP 32 up front) I've decided to recover it. The covering is self adhesive film, which is OK for the most part, except along the edges where, in spite of my best efforts, fuel/oil residue has managed to get in and turn the self adhesive stuff into goo.

Its very persistent stuff, sticks to absolutely everything - the goo that is, and there are patches of it on the airframe still (even with all of the film removed).

I've tried white spirit and whilst it seemed to work initially once it has had a chance to dry off, you guessed, the goo is back.

Any suggestions as to goo remover?

Chris

PS: I know, if I'd made it lekrik I'd have none of these problems!

johnfireball

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 14:58:32 PM »
Try cellulose thinners. Apply with kitchen towel until goo softens and then scoop it off with dry kitchen towel,keep folding towel so that goo is not reapplied. It's slow work but mine cleaned up eventually.
John.
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 15:07:17 PM »
Mr Muscle

EI1638

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 22:55:28 PM »
Thanks guys,

I could say I've  been using Mr. Muscle already, certainly lots of elbow grease.

I'll try the cellulose thinners first and then revert to Mr. Muscle if that fails.

Chris