Author Topic: newcomer  (Read 7282 times)

fudi50

• View Profile
newcomer
« on: August 09, 2013, 05:33:50 AM »
Hi guy's,
I'm a newcomer to this site and to PSS.
My name is David Alchin born in Westminister London in the year can't remeber! but a long while ago. I have lived in California since 1980 happily married "no kids just models" at least that's what the back of my Dodge Caravan reads.
I'm an active builder and flyer former T/D now PSS I nused to be a member of the Sussex Flying Club back in the day with Chris Foss AKA Fossy, Ricky shaw, Richard Hunt
My passion is and alwasys was scale John Raley and I scratch built two 1/3 scale models of the Super Albatross. Chris Williams featured mine in one of his articles. This model drawings were given to the RC Scale for free as I wanted to pass on my love of this plane
I have a few progects in the works a 1/3 scale Reiher III from Germany, a small P51 Mustang PSS model also a Falcon E I bought on RCGroups three weeks ago just needs the servos installed for A&F.
I must add that there seems a much larger partisipation in Europe than here in the USA I attended my first PSS eevent a couple of months ago with a Tucano based on the Brazilian Airforce Smoke Squadron, alo a Lancair 360
I just finished a LEG ME 109 EPP foam 60" flies great albeit different to T/D
I will be coming to the UK next July/August and bringing a coule of PSS models with me to fly, so I look forward to meeting some of you guy's
David AKA The Brit

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
newcomer
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 10:33:47 AM »
Hey David,

Welcome to the forum!  :D

And go on, show us some photos!!  :D  :D

Fred
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 14:14:38 PM »
Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum, yes post some of the photos you sent me, some great models.

johnP

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
newcomer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 15:47:17 PM »
Hi David, I’m a fellow Brit. :D  I came from Kent. Well that’s not quite true, actually I came from my mother, but she was living in Kent at the time of my birth. :P
Anyway, I moved to my present abode in County Wexford in 2004.

We love to see other pilots’ models on this forum, :D  (we’re a bunch of voyeurs really, well maybe not quite all of us!)

So if you’re popping over the pond next year why not pop over the Irish Sea as well and drop in and see us. We’re reasonably civilized, when sober, and always welcome visitors.

I’m not into scale myself but I love Chris Foss. :shock:  I’m flying my third Phase 6 at the moment. The previous two had to be used for kindling during the very cold winter we had. :(  Again that’s not quite true,………but the truth is a long story, if you know what I mean.

So, welcome ol’ fruit,…….and show us what U got! :wink:

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
newcomer
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 09:28:15 AM »
Dave have a few difficulties posting photos, so he sent me these for me to post.
All I have to say is:  :clap:  :clap:  That Tucano looks fantastic!  :clap:

Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

bren.p

• View Profile
newcomer
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 10:36:25 AM »
Welcome to the site David.

Your plane looks fantastic.

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
newcomer
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 20:02:31 PM »
Here is a few more photos from Dave, that he sent me.

Dave can fill in the details