Author Topic: Lipo charger  (Read 7176 times)

stephen.shannon

• View Profile
Lipo charger
« on: December 28, 2013, 18:49:48 PM »
Hi All,

The LCD screen is gone on my lipo charger so I'm looking for a replacement if anyone has one for sale?

Thanks

Stephen
Our deepest fear is not that we are weak but that we are powerful beyond measure..... Marianne Williamson

IceWind

• View Profile
    • http://icewind.no.sapo.pt
Lipo charger
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 22:43:39 PM »
Do you require one with balancer?
I have a xPeak 3 Plus from Jamara that I don't use, that thing is brand new and it's a shame it's just collecting dust.

..Nando

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Lipo charger
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 22:56:44 PM »
What style of balance lead connecters does it take Nando?

By the way, Why haven’t we seen you on the Big L for the past three years?! Gone over to powered flight have you?
 (Propellers are for pussies :lol: )

K.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

EI1638

• View Profile
Lipo charger
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 14:53:51 PM »
Hi,

I knew there was something familiar about the original post and then the penny dropped. A while ago I had a similar problem with one of my chargers.

I disassembled the offending article and 'reflowed' the solder on the display board connector. If you're sure its the display and are competent with a soldering iron you could try the same. On  my unit the display board was soldered to 0.1 inch pitch pillars, so it was fairly easy.

Not that I've been doing much flying lately, but my charger has behaved impeccably since then.

Chris

IceWind

• View Profile
    • http://icewind.no.sapo.pt
Lipo charger
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 21:28:08 PM »
Quote from: "Happy Days"
What style of balance lead connecters does it take Nando?

By the way, Why haven’t we seen you on the Big L for the past three years?! Gone over to powered flight have you?
 (Propellers are for pussies :lol: )

K.

That's the thing it doesn't have balance leads.
I was using it with a external balancer from Graupner.

That's not fair... I've been flying things with 3 or more propellers... :(
But I do miss Big L, been to go there to make some aerial footage but for that it can't be too much wind. :)
..Nando

stephen.shannon

• View Profile
Lipo charger
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 23:29:12 PM »
Thanks for the help here lads, I reflowed the solder on the display and it worked a treat and got me a few months extra but it's packed up again so I need a replacement. Anyone have a balance charger for sale?.
Our deepest fear is not that we are weak but that we are powerful beyond measure..... Marianne Williamson