Author Topic: phase 6 test flight  (Read 46280 times)

luke

• View Profile
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2009, 12:32:22 PM »
well keith, just saw ur vid , very good ,bet it was windy that day  :lol:
yeah like yourself i find i have a nice bit of fun with her at about 10 mph winds , believe it or not she is flyable to 4 or 5 mph depending on the slope,
MY TOP TIP:
                  if you want to see whats shes like in light conditions , you can probably do this in your flaps mode, droop ailerons to about 10 degrees (no more)for normal flight mode , and wait for a steady wind of about 5 mph and unload ur ballast box. throw her off and enjoy  :D

Warning : be VERY carefull with your stick movements, easy does it, likened to milking a mouse  :lol:

yeah ive tried areobatics with her , loops, immelmanns ,split s ect im working on the stall turn at the mo , rudder isnt very effective  :?

IceWind

• View Profile
    • http://icewind.no.sapo.pt
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2009, 23:13:00 PM »
Quote from: "Fred"

God you are getting good at this piloting thing !  :clap:

Quote from: "Fred"
:roll:  Ah Alright, Joe was flying the model !

Average flying so...  :P

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Keith they take some time to process the video, checking if it's not something..uh..odd!
..Nando

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2009, 23:29:56 PM »
Wow what great flying :D  :D

That was me was it??  :?  :?

Was being gentle. You've got to take it easy with another mans baby  :D  :D

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2009, 23:51:40 PM »
Joe Wrote
You've got to take it easy with another mans baby  

Pitty you didn't think of that when you busted the wing tip off of my easyglider Joe! :lol: (It was the same day you flew your ASH into the valley floor. Remember?)

Luke wrote
easy does it, likened to milking a mouse  

Luke, I've seen many strange things in my life, after all, I'm older than God. But milking a mouse!! :shock:  You must have VERY small fingers :lol:
(Thanks for the tips on flying my Phase in light conditions. :wink: )

Nando, it's working fine now. Problem was I needed to upgrade my Flash Player :oops:

K.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »
Your a cruel man Keith dragging up those memories again. :cry:  :cry: I have to say in my defense. I've rarely flown a model into the ground. I have watch on as they have ended up there alright.

As for your EasyGlider well that was down to a bad launch! :D

anyway this is way off topic

luke

• View Profile
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2009, 11:06:26 AM »
yeah no prob keith , i have one on you tube , flying my phase 6 its not as good as that but it may be worth a look ,
if you type in " on board with phase 6"

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2009, 19:01:51 PM »
Luke, I can only find one called "slope soaring with phase 6" I'm not sure if that's your one. The scenery looks very Irish but there is a snap shot of the pilot, and he's quite good looking! :shock:  So I'm not sure if it's your video or not :wink:

Did the camera upset the CG very much. Good landing, coming straight out of a turn. I'm very impressed :clap:   And a very smooth flight,.....do you give lessions :)

K.

luke

• View Profile
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2009, 11:18:04 AM »
yeah, thats my video alright :lol:
the phone was attatched to the phase 6 with rubber bands and a prayer  :lol:
it was quite windy when i did it , and she did fly a little sluggish alright , the phone was just ahead of the wing seat so c.g. was fine.
as for the landing ....... that seems to be to be the best way (lacking flaps or spoileron) and using rudder and elevator to cause drag to land, as you can imagine it can get  exciting  :lol:

as for the glide in , theres a good chance of me being around for that ,  :D

luke

• View Profile
hello ?????
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »
" hello hello hello , is there anybody in there? , just nod if you can hear he , is there anyone at home? " <Pink Floyd>

hello keith hows things???
have you flown the phase 6 recently or any other exotic machine?  :D
flew the phase 6 just two days ago , first time since the tountinna glide in,
it was very nice  :D
was up at the bray air display , it was very good , eddie goggins was something else Barnstorming is alive and well  :lol:

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2009, 19:10:19 PM »
Com'on now,...I hear you're feeling down,...I can ease your pain and get you on your feet again............ <More Pink Floyd>

Well Luke, you have me at a disadvantage regarding Eddie Goggins. :?:  I have to admit I’ve never heard of him,…………..so who is he?

You mentioned the Toutinna fly in. Which one was that? I was at the MACI one but I don’t remember seeing you there,………..I’m sure I’d have recognised your Phase 6 by it’s colour scheme. :)

As for my Phase‘,…………………. I grew to really like it. In fact it became my favourite plane. :D  However it took a lot of knocks through experimenting with different manoeuvres (They have to be done! :lol: ) and general heavy landings. :oops:  So much so that it became a bit of a “patchwork quilt” of repairs.

Each repair left the airframe a little bit more out of alignment till I was having to use almost full trim adjustment to keep the plane in the air! :roll:
Then, finally, I made an error of judgment while performing a loop too close to the ridge and the plane went nose into a rock and the fuse split in two. :!:   (The wings are still fine surprisingly enough!)(Any good to you are they?….twin servos!!)  

So………….I’m in the middle of building another one. Going to have Full House Wing with this one. With flap and aileron mixing when in flight, (So, in effect, I have full length ailerons) and then remove that mix and have flaps and ailerons separate to perform ‘Crow’ landings, for nice, gentle touch downs. :D   Well,……………….that’s the theory any how!

The wings are mostly done, servo holes are cut, LE & TE are fitted, I’m just about to cut the ailerons and flaps. The two halves of the fuse are ready to be stuck together, and the tail fin is ready to be fitted.

So, that’s the story here.

You coming to the ISR Fly-In in September? Com’ on, no excuses,..... say, “Yes Keith.” :clap:  You know you want to!

K.

luke

• View Profile
phase 6 test flight
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2009, 22:27:58 PM »
jeez keith sorry bout your phase 6 , but fair play to you for getting back on the horse again  :D are you going to do the same colour scheme again??? eddi goggins ..... he flies an extra 300 (full size), theres some footage of him on you tube doing the air races , the knife edge passes along the beach were something else.
tountinna fly in , what happened keith was that i was set to go but as it happened i had one or two things to do , it took a little longer than expected , but when i did get to go up i cought the tail end of the fly in i arrived about half 3 - 4 pm , got two flights in before the heavy showers arrived , it was nice too see what the other guys are flying