Author Topic: NEW IAA REGISTRATION SCHEME  (Read 5568 times)

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
NEW IAA REGISTRATION SCHEME
« on: October 27, 2020, 07:49:15 AM »
Please read tbe notice from MACI. I will try to answer your questions afterwards

To all Members:
Since 2018 MACI have been working with the IAA to establish
regulations for the flying of Model Aircraft in Ireland. We have been
very successful in protecting the existing facilities we have enjoyed over many years. Over
that time we were required to register all our models individually in line with many other
countries around the world.
Changes have been made recently which means that flying and operating model Aircraft in
Ireland is now subject to the European Union Regulation 2019/947
The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) supervises and implements the Regulation in Ireland. The
IAA also provides guidance for operating and flying model aircraft in order to ensure public
safety. The Regulation allows registered operators and pilots to fly their models across the
EU. You must register as an “Operator” if your model aircraft weighs over 250 grams or if it
has a camera or sensor.
The principal change for MACI members is the closing of the old scheme since 1st Oct 2020
and individual models no longer require registration. The new system is based on registering
the “Pilot” and then all your models will carry that single Unique ID.
For many this will be a great saving in time and expense. Until 31st December 2020 we are in
a transisition phase with either system complying with the regulations. From 1st January it
will be illegal to fly a model aircraft unless carrying the registration number provided by the
new EU system.
We are encouraging MACI members to avail of the IAA offer for a limited period until
November 30th to register as an “Operator” for a fee of €5.
As per the EU Regulation this will be valid for two years. From November 30th 2020 the fees
will increase to €30 for a two year operator registration certificate.
The initial application process is started by logging onto MySRS portal on the IAA Website
using the link https://mysrs.iaa.ie/auth/sign-up
There are many help videos and examples on the IAA site should you need assistance.
We are putting together a more detailed guide with the application process for MACI
members but in the meantime please try the system yourself, many will have no issues.
Some important pieces of information you will require initially are:
 For the Insurance Question please use “MACI Insurance”
 For the Category Question please use “A3”
 You are not required to take the “Test Questions”
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.

Kevin O'Donoghue

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: NEW IAA REGISTRATION SCHEME
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 19:16:26 PM »
I have mine done Ralph. It didn't take too long. Just scan use something like Office Lens on the iphone to take a picture of your driving license, pdf and upload it to the IAA webpage as ID. You do need to print a declaration and sign it. I used the same App to take a pic of the signed declaration and uploaded it then as a pdf. So a bit of to and fro, but it only takes twenty minutes to do. They then validate this initial registration before you can revisit the site and get the actual IAA number and Certificate. You need to fix the IAA number to each aircraft as a means of ID. I have converted mine to a QR code which I will print and stick next to my MACI number. If you scan it with a mobile you can read the IAA number. Total cost is a one off €5 with no messing about registering individual aircraft.
A much better solution in my opinion by the IAA / MACI.

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 23:20:03 PM »
So we have to have an IAA and an MACI number on our planes now. 😩

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 08:22:19 AM »
Alan, Yes
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.

Peter

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 22:28:07 PM »
That's one ugly number it generates. No disguising that as a scale registration!

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 08:49:08 AM »
Peter,

put it inside your model. No limit on size, big or small can use a barcode or qr code if you want instead.
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »
For latest news can you please say that due to further clarification with the IAA we have been advised that we need to complete the "basic competency video" and answer the questions.
For those who have already registered just login and complete that section to clear the outstanding items box.

Regards

Ralph
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.

Flamingo Flier

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 20:31:01 PM »
H'mmmmm
That was a marathon. Leave yourself plenty of time to do this.
Compared with the Motor registration / motor tax or the Revenue website this was slow and convoluted. Security of their database seems to rely a couple of hundred amateurs downloading an authentication program.
Glad the registration lasts 2 years - hopefully I won't need to access 'their' SRS (it certainly isn't mine) before then.

Jim

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 09:02:35 AM »
Hi Jim,

hopefully it is a one off dose, followed by a payment every two years. It is a better (although more complicated (EU Data Protection)) system.

R
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 13:55:38 PM »
Well I've paid my €5 and got my IAA reg number, Phew. What a drawn out process and one I didn't really understand much.

God only knows how I'll get back into my IAA account again in two years time! :(
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 10:07:34 AM »
Please see attached. Thank you
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.