Author Topic: frequencies in use Sorell hill  (Read 4911 times)

easyglider

• View Profile
frequencies in use Sorell hill
« on: July 19, 2009, 17:49:21 PM »
Afternoon all, :wink:
Just home after an afternoon up in lacken it was great to meet a few guys i had never met before out soaring......

But it did get me thinking..... :?:   my self and pavel were up on the hill above the carpark and a few others pulled up and got their gliders up and away fergal was one of them (who was a very nice guy came up and introduced himself to me which was great) lucky enough we were all were all separated fairly well on frequencies and myself and fergal got chatting bout the whole issue of frequency control.......

I know lacken is an open flying site not just for R/C but for hang/para gliders too.....
does anyone else think it would be a good idea for everyone who frequents sorell hill to make their frequency known so as to avoid a possible disaster.... :cry:

Just an idea i had but i would make sense....

Anyone got any input on this one...?????
Regards Paddy D

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 18:53:53 PM »
Well I use Ch 74. But generally when I am flying at Lacken, and there are others flying their, I usually ask them what frequency they are flying on before I start flying. That way I won't shoot anyone down.
Off course there is always the chance you might forget to do this or someone else might turn up and start flying without asking what frequency you are on. Not a good situation if you are in the process of flying an expensive model.

easyglider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 19:06:29 PM »
i hear u alan but like wise its a big treak down from the slope to the carpark to find out who's on what channel......

and as im getting a new bird in the next week or two i'd hate to see it grounded by a rogue transmitter.....

Anyway lets make a start on frequency declaration:
Alan Perse: CH74
Paddy Dillon: CH 65

Anyone else wanna add to the list..??????? :?:

Looks like im gonna run with the Culris by the way alan thanks for the info on it... :wink:

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 19:56:46 PM »
Quote from: "easyglider"
i hear u alan but like wise its a big treak down from the slope to the carpark to find out who's on what channel......

Well because of the wind direction everyone would have to fly from the same place so you probably would not have to trek down to the car park.

In terms of the frequencies everyone else is using. Most of the people who fly at lacken are not on this forum. At least I think they are not. Unless they are hiding in the woodwork somewhere. I told them about this forum a few times but I have never seen them on it. I must make a business card with the web address on it sometime and give it to them.

easyglider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 20:06:15 PM »
good call alan that would be something to run with..... :clap:

as for wind direction we were getting great lift from the upper slope today but fergal was getting just as good lift from the slope just in front of the carpark so sometimes not everyone is flying from the same area..... :!:

anyway if we were to get anyone on this forum to declare frequencies is it not a problem halved....?????

anyway just an idea i had mate, just thought i would highlight the possible problems from an open flying site to the forum.

Thanks for your positive input :clap:

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 22:30:48 PM »
Hi Guys
Never fly Lacken. So I won't confuse the issue by giving you my channel!
J