Author Topic: On The Run - Model for the next Cork Indoor Session  (Read 6900 times)

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
On The Run - Model for the next Cork Indoor Session
« on: October 09, 2006, 11:09:24 AM »
Hi Guys,

Here are some pictures of the Biplan.
I've named it " On the Run".. Don't know if that sound like a good name, but that's a Pink Floyd song so..  :lol:  :P

So, all that after 2 hrs of work ! Thanks to the rain on sunday !
Nothing is glued... Thanks the CAO !  :D

So, the wings shape is a rough copy of the Aito wing, the aileron layout is not great, so, I'm going to change that this week. Not a lot to do now... Just have to shape the top of the fuselage...
The building is 100% 6mm depron... I've counted 24 sqm of 6mm depron in my stock, but only 2 sqm of 3mm... The model required 2sqm of depron (ok, a bit less.. may be 1.5sqm), but finally, at the end, the weight is roughly the same as my Full EPP Toocool... So, that should be good in flight, as the biplan is 20 % bigger (with 105 cm Wing Span...)...
Big, and light !.. Can even be lighter if fully built in 3mm Depron (Joe... Want the plan ?  :D  :D )

So, I have some other projects, but this one is my Week end night project  :wink:  So, should be finish next week end...

Fred
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 15:54:48 PM »
Wow! Looks Great Fred.Nice shape.The built up fuse is a nice change from a flat sheet one.All fits together really well by the looks of it.I just printed out the plan for the edge and stuck it together.I'll take a plan for the bi-plane if there is one going though  :D
Have ordered a motor and speed control and a few bits for mine.Will build it in the next few days
Very Cool Fred.On the Run sounds good to me.What about calling it "Meddle"  :D

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 09:10:16 AM »
Lads, see you are copying the Aito wing, just as a matter of interest, the Aito and other Donuts Models are available from Noel Barrett Models in Cork along with the axi or CK motors.
Not meant to be an ad! just FYI.
Ralph

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 11:18:59 AM »
Hiya Ralph.Just Wondering.How big is the venue in Cork for the fly-in? I was going to build a 1 metre span depron foamy.Is that too big for the space in Cork? Thanks

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 14:37:59 PM »
The venue is big about 6 badminton courts.
Size should not be problem if you can fly sloooow
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.