Author Topic: Projects for 2010  (Read 10848 times)

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Projects for 2010
« on: December 01, 2009, 22:55:11 PM »
Hi all

Well as we say goodbye to 2009, now is the time to be thinking of the next project for the new year, so why not tell us all, what is planned for the drawing board in 2010 and maybe appear on the slopes. With a PSS event planned for next year, why not build a PSS model and give it a go, it's fun and exciting,therefore I will start the ball rolling or in avaitor speak 'I'll kick the tyres and light the fires' sorry I get carried away somtimes, to much exposure to top gun pilot's like Joe, Fred, Bill and Keith, anyhow, I have looked at 1000's of photos of aircraft to find the perfect plane, 'well to be honest 6 or 7' and EUREKA I have found It, 'well to be honest again, Bill found it', the Sukhoi T-4 "Sotka"

The T-4 experimental supersonic aircraft, also known as the "Su-100" or "Project 100", first flew in August of 1972. The test pilot was Vladimir Ilyushin, son of the famed aircraft designer, S.V. Ilyushin

I will draw up some plans in the new year and workout what scale to use, however I will build a test model first as with the B52 and see if it flys well.

So there you have it guys, what do you think, let me know?

JohnP

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
Projects for 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 23:21:28 PM »
Are you going to go the whole hog, droop nose et al?

I have the SU25 and Jart to finish, but I fancy some 60's American heavy iron after that. Hustler, voodoo, thunderchief.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Projects for 2010
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:31:36 AM »
Well, the SU 100 is very impressive John.

It looks a bit “Concordski” don’t you think? :?:

Will your model have flying canards or will they be there just for looks? and you’ll fly the plane on elevons.

As for the drooping nose!!! I’d like to see how you get on with that. :)  

You’re obviously a man who enjoys a challenge, I ‘take my hat off to you’ John. :clap:

My challenge for 2010 is to learn how not to crash. :oops:  I’m getting bored with repairing models! :!:

As for building…………Don’t know. We’ll have to see. May be a  foam USS Enterprise from Startrek. I could chuck that off the slope and see what happens! :lol:  
(If I built it, it would probably only fly on impulse power,…………….I’m very impulsive! :wink: )

K.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
2010 projects
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 16:17:20 PM »
Hi Bill, you have your hands full with the su25, looking good sir! and keith my good fellow 'crashing' no problem, I can give you 'crash course' in the noble art of the 'black bin bag job'.

Keith as for the T-4, yes, I would add a droopping !!! nose system and working canards. The system would be the same as was used on the big concorde build by my good friend Ian Robb, which uses a single servo to rotate the nose up and down.

Photo of the big lady at the Portrush air show

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Projects for 2010
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 16:22:33 PM »
Hi John. Defiantly looks like an interesting project. Should be challenging. I would love to build a PSS model some time my self. Do any of you guys know if their is a kit for the Hawker Sea Fury. I thought I saw a kit review for it somewhere in QEFI.

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
Projects for 2010
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 16:25:46 PM »
Have a look here Alan for a Seafury:
http://www.pjmodelclassics.be/

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
2010 projects
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 16:46:15 PM »
Hi Alan

There are some electric model on the market that could be converted into a PSS model, E-flite E-flite Hawker Sea Fury 400. They my need to be toughten up a bit for landing on the rough slope, however, may do the job.

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Projects for 2010
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 08:05:30 AM »
Hey John,

Another really interresting and unusual project here !  :clap:  :clap:
For 2010, plan is to have the Aermacchi finished, and I might finally finish my B25 !!  :oops:  Just need time !  :!:

Alan, Joe have the plan for the Sea Fury from Paul Jenssen  :D
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Projects for 2010
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 10:12:03 AM »
Thanks for the info Lads. Something to think about. But it looks like if I want a dedicated PSS Sea Fury I will have to build it myself.

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
Projects for 2010
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 17:15:16 PM »
Hey All.
You can't stay away from those jets John!? Looks like a challenging build. Any idea on the approach? foam built-up? bit of everything!

Alan I have the Paul Janssens lan for the Seafury. It's next on my list of PSS models, well one of a few nexts! actually. It's all foam with balsa sheeting. Was planning on getting it all into the computer to cut with CNC. If I get it together I could do two at the same time. I might be a while though. Your welcome to copy the plan and use that to work from if you like?

So for me then it's the Seafury. Revamp of my U2, which is basically new wings and tail and a Fouga Magister at some point as well. I be doing well!   :!:  :!:

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Projects for 2010
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 18:46:02 PM »
Thanks Joe. If you are going to CNC cut the Seafury just tell me and i'll see if I still want one at that stage. It would be great to have most of the part accurately cut.