Author Topic: Help Starting F3A  (Read 11328 times)

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
Help Starting F3A
« on: December 28, 2009, 12:25:49 PM »

Hi all , I have bought a new sebart Miss Wind , and was wondering what schedule would be best to learn F3A style flying ?

Richard
Richard Boyd
A bad days flying is better than a good days work.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Help Starting F3A
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 19:00:46 PM »
Brian's your man for that!

Step up to the post Brian :clap:
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Brian

• View Profile
Help Starting F3A
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 10:55:28 AM »
Hi Richard,
Very nice.
What size is that, what motor etc ??
Your entry level depends very much on what 'you' can do.
Will you travel down south for comps or is this for fun.
If down here we have ;Sports,Masters and FAI classes.
You will likely be Masters or straight into FAI F3A.
We have a two tier F3A class for judging purposes.

First you need to fly and trim that model. I do not mean trim the tranny.
Get it to track straight up and down verticals,roll on its axis ,loop/ bunt straight and knife edge with no roll or pitch coupling.
You should be able to get that to roll, at approx 1/2 throttle, like its running along a wire with no visible corrections.
This will take you a while especially in this weather.

Let me know what level you think you may want to start at and I will get schedule details for you.
Look forward to see you participate.
Brian
Serious Power

Brian

• View Profile
Help Starting F3A
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
Serious Power

Brian

• View Profile
Help Starting F3A
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »
Hi Richard,
P 11 is what is called the preliminary sequence.
Then there is the 'Finals' sequence;
 http://nsrca.us/documents/judging/currentfaischedules/PPT_F11.pdf

Brian
Serious Power

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
Help Starting F3A
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 09:02:36 AM »
Hi Brian, I was thinking of the Sportman as I am not really used to flying out doors !!!!
The Miss Wind is a probably a 70ish size plane and I intend to run her on a 6 cell setup. I am experimenting at the moment with motors.
So far the AXI is proving hard to beat.
I am not flying to compete at high level , I just want something to enhance my flying, I would intend in going to a few competitions to watch and learn how it is done.
Thanks very kindly for the info and I will browse at the schedules this evening when I return from work.

Again Many thanks,and Happy New Year.

Richard
Richard Boyd

Brian

• View Profile
Help Starting F3A
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 21:23:49 PM »
Hi Richard,
This is the new Masters Schedule;
MASTERS SCHEDULE 2010/2011

1.      Stall Turn ¼ rolls.                                                                                                  4

2.      ½ Reverse Cuban Eight.                                                                                      2

3.      Slow Roll.                                                                                                                5

4.      ½ Square Loop (exit inverted).                                                                         2

5.      45° Down 2 of 4 Point Roll.                                                                               4

6.      Pull, Push, Pull, Humpty Bump, ½ Roll Down.                                             2

7.      1 Loop.                                                                                                                    4

8.      ½ Square Loop on Corner (exit inverted).                                                     3

9.      Reverse Cuban Eight (from top) with ½ rolls (exit inverted).                  4

10.   ½ Square Loop.                                                                                                    2

11.    4 Point Roll.                                                                                                           5

12.    Stall Turn.                                                                                                              2

13.    Immelmann/Split S Combo.                                                                             4

14.    Figure 9 with ½ roll on up-line.                                                                       3

15.    3 Sec. Knife Edge.                                                                                                5

16.    ½ Inside Loop (exit inverted).                                                                          2

17.   1½ Turn Spin.                                                                                                        3

I think you will be 'master' this.
The no' following each name are 'K' factors for scoring, ignore !
It's really our intermediate schedule.
Regards.

Brian
Serious Power

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
Help Starting F3A
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 10:14:55 AM »
Thanks Brian , the schedule seems achievable for me.
I have been very busy and as yet have not finished the Miss Wind.
I had better pull my finger out !

Richard
Richard Boyd