Author Topic: google warnings  (Read 4595 times)

johnfireball

• View Profile
google warnings
« on: October 27, 2011, 23:07:23 PM »
Hi all,
       Spent a great afternoon flying at killakee slope this afternoon. Maidened my hobbyking canary. It flies really well very responsive for rudder and elevator only and handles the gusts well. On the first launch I crashed to the right while applying full left rudder, you guessed control reversed. How could I not have noticed after hours of messing about with it on the bench. Anyway no damage and easily sorted.
Why is google chrome warning me not to visit this site displaying the message that it may harm my computer, is there a problem?
John.
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

Brian

• View Profile
google warnings
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 15:10:26 PM »
Hi,
I'm not getting a warning but my little lap top has been freezing up a bit ??.
I think it's been after I clicked on a 'daily motion vid'.
When it happens I can't activate the curser in the address window ???

Brian
Serious Power

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
google warnings
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 17:17:25 PM »
Hi there,

Yeah, that Google Chrome is a bit of a PITA for this kind of stuff...
The problem in this case is with the avatar folder. That's why you only get this warning when you read threads (when you start to see avatars basically). It takes a very long time for Google to change the sites ratings (you will see, if you look in the error details, that Google said the website is clean.... Go figure)

Anyway, no worries, website / forum is "clean", Db tables, scripts etc are scanned live, and site advisor check the site on a daily basis (from work)
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
google warnings
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 19:17:59 PM »
Fancy having the servo working back-to-front John!!!  :roll: (I bet your grandfather wouldn’t have taken off with such a mistake. :wink: )

Glad that you enjoyed yourself with your Canary, it looks quite a sweet little plane, :D  bit like a small ‘Fling’

I was up on Big L today. Quite gusty on the south slope. Fortunately the sky was overcast so I didn’t have to worry about flying into the sun.

Perhaps we should all meet up for an impromptu glide-in before xmas :D

Anyone up for it? :?:

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

johnfireball

• View Profile
google warnings
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 00:54:21 AM »
Hi Kieth,
           Yea sure granda is turning in grave I'm sure he could have flown it anyways. Would be interested in Mt Leinster before it gets really cold. Managed to bring all my gliders home without major repairs. Ordered one of these from hobbyking to set up for sloping.
John
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
google warnings
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 05:43:11 AM »
Ah! So you’re going for Power Scale Soaring. This gliding bug has certainly bitten you hasn’t it. No doubt it’ll look very good in the sky. You’ll be able to strafe the flight line. :D

A guy who used to fly regularly with us , (called Joe) used to fly a Spit. There’s a picture of it on this forum. (Go to PSS > Joe’s Spitfire PSS.)  
Just remember that when you push the control stick to the right, the rudder must move the same way. (Just thought I’d mention that, ……..in case you forget!!! :lol: )

If you keep collecting all these planes you’re gonna need a bigger sidecar.

As for having a meeting on Big L. Let’s keep and eye on the forecasts and see if we can find a Saturday or Sunday with reasonable weather. Ideally we need west - north east winds.

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.