Author Topic: Newcastle airshow 2012  (Read 12085 times)

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« on: July 24, 2012, 14:03:01 PM »
Just seen some of the line up of aircraft displays for newcastle air show  on the 11th August 2012

(1) BBMF Dakota

(2)Tucano Display

(3)Hawk Display

(4)Typhoon Display

Also :

aerostars dislpay team

PR MkX1 Spitfire

And best of all, a Hawker Hunter "miss demeanour"which I seen a few
years ago in England.

A small airshow compared with Portrush, but what a line up of aircraft
 :o  :o

Anyone who is thinking  of coming up for the day, let me know, we could meet up for a days craic!!

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 06:10:02 AM »
I’ve just come across this post John. :shock:  Please forgive my ignorance, but which ‘Newcastle’ are you referring to.

Newcastle upon Tyne? :?:  Or somewhere else? :?

Keith.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 06:27:15 AM »
Okay, okay,.......I'm not really awake yet :roll:  I've just found Newcastle Co. Down....which is where I assume you mean?

Can't find any info about it for this year on the net, only reports from last year. I'm wondering if it's been cancelled?

Do you know if it's still on John?(.....on John, kinda rimes doesn't it  :P  )

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 07:47:35 AM »
Arrr------Hu! The cleaver Keithy has woken up now and is firing on all cylinders. 8)  (All one and a half of them! :( )

I’ve found the info. :clap:
 Will you be apart of the static model display John. Er,….I don’t mean to suggest that you will be standing perfectly still, like a manikin. :wink:  I mean will you be displaying some of your giant models? :P  

Do you know where the display planes will be taking off from? I’d to get up close and personal with the DC3 if possible. Although I don’t see it being actually mentioned in the events. :?

Keith

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »
hi keith

The jet aircraft will flyin from Wales, with the small planes taking off from Newtonards airfield. Tha full size show takes place on the seafront, as for the model static display, it is run by the Ulster model club in the nearby park. I am only a visitor at this show, i was ask to help out a few years ago with the models, but decided not to take part. Last years show was a good event, if they get the weather, the line up on the display line looks great, looking forward to a good day out :lol:

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 16:15:52 PM »
Are you still going John? Perhaps we could meet at the vintage aircraft display?

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 00:41:29 AM »
Hi Keith
Yes Roisin and I will be on the beach around the top car park at the top of the town. The flying display begins at 12.00 so if you are going , be there early because the town will be packed with cars. Give me a call if you decide to go 07745458755 and will can meet up. Richard also plans to be there, weather looks great for tomorrow. By the way Keith, there is no static display of fully size aircraft only a flying display, newcastle is a seaside town, no runways near the town :lol:  :lol:

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:48:46 AM »
WHAT :shock:  the advert said it started at 2.30!!! We'd better get our skates on! :(

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 20:21:33 PM »
Hi all
well went to the airshow today and as normal in Ireland, the weather was sh~*!, however just before the flying started, the clouds broke and we had a little sunshine. ( so much for the BBC weather forcast :x )
All but one aircraft , showed up (dc3) which developed engine trouble and landed at Dublin airport, however the rest of the pilots put on a great low level display, a little short, but very enjoyable.
Keith and Mandy drove all the way up from Wexford to join Richard, Diane, Niaomi, Roisin and myself, it was great to see them. ( Keith portrush next month my friend).
Here are a few photos from todays display:

Aerostars display team

The 2012 Hawk which flew a little to far away for the crowd.

The heli boys put on a great display

An RV7 I think, put on a close in display ( they call this plane the flying Cow!)

Roisin,Keith and Mandy enjoying the display.

The RAF guys flew their displays a little to far out over the sea, but still very enjoyable.

One of the stars of the show, is this Spitfire, which was only 50ft off the deck on this low pass!

The big star of the show was the Hawker Hunter display which was close into the crowd, low and fast, just fantastic!!

Great show, and it was all free :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 22:40:20 PM »
Cracking pictures John! :clap:  (and all with an F-4 lense…..quite amazing)

Yes, disappointing low cloud at Newcastle but the pilots tried their best and I think we all appreciated their efforts.

Loved the old Spit’ at just 50 feet above the deck,…..pity the DC3 couldn’t make it. :(  I thought they were supposed to be very reliable. Maybe he was flying on a wing and a prayer and ran out of prayers.

Anyway, it was good to meet up with you lads again. :D  I always enjoy seeing old faces. (Er….. not that Rosin or Diane have old faces of course, they’re faces are young and gorgeous,…….Me thinks I’d better shut up before I dig myself in too deep. And Naomi (at eight years old) is just an all round sweetie.

Slight heart stopping moment on the way back. Cruising down the M1 at 120Kph, glanced in the mirror and suddenly masses of blue smoke came bellowing out the back of the car  :shock:  :shock: ! “Broken piston ring? Valve steam oil seal? Blown head gasket?” I thought.
Reduced engine speed to 2000rpm, checked warning lights, none showing. Kept moving forward slowly on the hard shoulder, notice the engine was still ‘pulling.’ Racked my brains trying to think what it could be! Kept glancing in rear view mirror, only small amount of smoke now. Poodled along for about half a mile, couldn’t see any smoke so I slowly started accelerating a little. No smoke seen. Accelerated a bit more, still no smoke. Eventually got back to 120Kph and no problems.
It was dark by the time we got home so I haven’t been able to check, but I suspect a plastic bag might have wrapped itself around the hot exhaust pipe and burnt off. Can’t think what else it could be. We’ll see in the morning.

Nighty night all,

Keith (& ’er)

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »
Looks like fun!  :D
Thank you for the photos  :clap:

So Keith, how many bottle of wine did you bring back home?? We all know the airshow was an excuse!  :P  :P

What date is the Portrush one?  :?:
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 09:14:05 AM »
Quote from: "Fred"

So Keith, how many bottle of wine did you bring back home?? We all know the airshow was an excuse!  :P  :P

Nil, :shock:  Zilch, :shock:  :shock:  Not one. :shock:  :shock:  :shock:   (Probably why Mandy had the ‘ump!) We stopped at two places with the intention of buying as many as we could. But neither shop had any at all!!
I’ll have to get my friend Andy to order a couple of cases. :D

I’m very impressed with the clarity of those pictures John.  :clap: (Given the cloudy conditions) Not that I could probably afford one, but what camera were you using on the day? :?:

Keith

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 10:10:39 AM »
Thanks Bill  :D

Keith, I'll be in France in September.. Give me a budget, I'll bring you back some... ermm, proper wine  :D  :P
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Newcastle airshow 2012
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »
Oh Fred,………thanks for your generous offer. :clap:
 I put it to Mandy, but she did’t give a very favourable response. She recons Beaujolais is, how can I put this tactfully?…….Tasteless.
(The plonk she drinks is a sweet red Greek wine that’s actually more like port…… :shock: ..yea, I don’t like it either! :( )

BTW I hope you’ll be back for the Glide-In at the end of the month!
(Wouldn't be the same without you :P )