Author Topic: Battery flight time  (Read 4093 times)

johnfireball

• View Profile
Battery flight time
« on: March 08, 2012, 00:22:41 AM »
Hi all,
      I got this to teach me how to fly (fed up wrecking planes). I am using a 350mah lipo to power the 2 servos ubec and receiver, servos draw 200-240 ma. Am I correct in assuming approx 1/2 hour flight time?
Thanks
John
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

johnfireball

• View Profile
Battery flight time
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 00:45:02 AM »
sorry 2s lipo
John

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Battery flight time
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
That is such a good idea John. :clap:

Like you, I got fed up with wrecking planes so I got myself a combat wing and never looked back. If I crashed it into the ground I could just pick it up and launch it back into the air :D , instead of coming home with a bag of kindling! :(
(They’re also great fun to fly combat with other pilots. Although hitting other planes in flight is a lot harder than you might think! :!: )

How long your battery lasts will depend on how aggressively you fly. Just floating around with gentle turns should give you half hour okay.

If it’s of any interest to you, what I used to do for my own interest was to fly for  ten minutes. Land and recharge the battery, noting how many mA the ten minute flight had used.

K
p.s. Does your UBEC have a Low Voltage Cut off? (LVC)
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

johnfireball

• View Profile
Battery flight time
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 22:05:34 PM »
Hi Keith,
          Thanks for advice, I will check the voltage as you suggest at 10 min intervals. There is no mention of an LVC on the ubec. By the way I got the motor & esc for my airco and studied up on lipo power, I think I now have a better idea as to whats going on. Busy with work so its on the long finger.
John.