Author Topic: Multiplex Alpina CS 4000.  (Read 10519 times)

ASW22

• View Profile
Multiplex Alpina CS 4000.
« on: April 12, 2014, 22:47:30 PM »
Hi all.
has anyone built and flown this model.
I am wondering how I will keep the Stap on the two metal rods.
Do I glue them in place ?.

Hope someone can answer this Q for me.

I am not sure but I think Keith told me that he had one a good while back....

Yours.

Adrian.

ASW22

• View Profile
Take a look at these. Has anyone see them before. ?.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 23:38:06 PM »

gerryb

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 00:51:59 AM »
hi asw, (Anthony Sean William?)

i have had several models with all- moving tailplanes, including the alpino and 3 flamingos (all mpx models) which simply plugged onto the wire joiners.  provided the t/planes are a tight fit on the wires, that's all that's needed.

if they're a loose fit, i suggest you mix up a little epoxy, sand the wires to roughen them and then lightly smear the wires with the epoxy.  when the epoxy is fully dry, trial fit the t/planes and sand until you get a tight fit but can still get them on and off.

i'm wondering what the parts are in the 2nd photo and what's the purpose of the servo in the 3rd photo?

hope this helps

gb

gerryb

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 00:56:55 AM »
bye the way, judging by your maci no, am i right in saying you've been flying models for quite a while?

gb

ASW22

• View Profile
Alpina 4000.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 02:25:50 AM »
Thanks Gerry.
They do fit tightly and having no engine vibration they will more that likely stay in place. I would just hate to loose one in flight.

Yes we ( My Family ) joined MACI in the 60's. My Father ( RIP ) was EI 341- My uncle is EI 342 - A 2nd uncle ( RIP ) was EI 343 - A 3rd uncle ( RIP ) was EI 344 - My cousin was EI 345 and I am EI 346 or IRL now a days. I can never remember our house or my life without some sort of Model aircraft in it. I am hoping that one of my 6 grandchildren keeps the family tradition going.

Thanks again Gerry.

Talk soon.

ASW22

• View Profile
Re: Alpina 4000.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 02:33:06 AM »
Quote from: ASW22
Thanks Gerry.
They do fit tightly and having no engine vibration they will more that likely stay in place. I would just hate to loose one in flight.

Yes we ( My Family ) joined MACI in the 60's. My Father ( RIP ) was EI 341- My uncle is EI 342 - A 2nd uncle ( RIP ) was EI 343 - A 3rd uncle ( RIP ) was EI 344 - My cousin was EI 345 and I am EI 346 or IRL now a days. I can never remember our house or my life without some sort of Model aircraft in it. I am hoping that one of my 6 grandchildren keeps the family tradition going.

Thanks again Gerry.

Talk soon.

PS. These bits are for keeping the fuzz from crumbling if you have a hard landing or sudden stop, when the wings continue to move forward after the fuzz stops moving. They fit into the two holes inside the walls of the fuzz at the front of the wings. See photo.

It's late so good morning Gerry.

Adrian.

ASW22

• View Profile
Photos of Fuzz.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 02:42:57 AM »
Gerry. Just remembered your servo Q.

The photos are not my model. I came across these photos on the net & I thought they where a good idea and was wondering if anyone new where I could get this type of brace.

The servo inside the fuzz in a slide movement servo. I'd say it is for the Ailerons.  

Adrian.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 07:06:27 AM »
Hi Adrian,

I don’t have the flight hours or experience of young Gerry, so he is probably ‘Your Man’. (Er,……did you see that Gerry? I actually paid you a back-handed complement,…calling you “young”  :roll: )

To the Alpina; The tail plane on mine is, what you might call, very loose! However they have never fallen off (so far) after 25 hours of what might be described “Energetic” flying. Apart from during rolls, there is virtually no lateral kinetic force being placed on them, so they should stay put.

What I have found is that by bending one of the rods ever-so-slightly, so that you have to push the rod to line up with the opposite tail plane, that extra friction helps to keep both parts of the tail plane together.

Like I said, Adrian, the tail plane is loose. My first flight with my Alpina was something of an act of faith.
(But then most of my flights are acts of faith. :oops: )

Keith (Little)
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

ASW22

• View Profile
FAO: Keith ( Little ).
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 12:16:24 PM »
Thanks Keith.
I was hoping to go to Mt L today but family matter must take first place ( My Mother broke her hip & she is in St. James's H. 86yrs old ).

I will carry on with finishing off the model. I was talking with a chap called Keith at the last PSS fly-in at Mt. L. was it yourself ?. I think he lives near Mt. L. if it is you. I might give you a call when it is time for the big off.

Talk soon.

Adrian.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 19:40:41 PM »
Yes Adrian, I’m the ‘Keith’ that you spoke to at the PSS meeting a month ago. :)

I was flying my Alpina today at the Glide-In. Grand model, so it is. Oh, and the tail plane didn’t fall of today either. :lol:  (Chalk up another success for loose tailplanes. :wink: )

Sorry to hear about your mother. At 86 she should be taking a little water with her Whiskey! :lol:  Hope she makes a full recovery very soon.

(Little) Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

ASW22

• View Profile
Did you see this one.
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 00:52:20 AM »
Take a look at the landing run.

http://youtu.be/1IOe1NzMjIU