Author Topic: M Link Users - IMPORTANT INFORMATION  (Read 6735 times)

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
M Link Users - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:13:40 AM »
Received this morning from MPX :

Important safety information regarding: Two-receiver operation with M-LINK receivers  
 We have discovered that safety-critical malfunctions can occur when two M-LINK receivers are coupled together using the Diversity lead (# 8 5070) for “two-receiver operation”. For this reason we urgently advise customers to cease using “two-receiver operation” with M-LINK receivers. The fault only occurs when two M-LINK receivers capable of “two-receiver mode” are coupled together. The problem does not arise in normal operations, i.e. with only one receiver, and you can continue to use our M-LINK receivers unreservedly.

The following receivers are capable of “two-receiver operation”, and are affected by this::
# 5 5817 RX-5 M-LINK 2.4 GHz receiver
# 5 5818 RX-7 M-LINK 2.4 GHz receiver
# 5 5811 RX-7-DR M-LINK 2.4 GHz receiver
# 5 5812 RX-9-DR M-LINK 2.4 GHz receiver
# 5 5813 RX-9-DR pro M-LINK 2.4 GHz receiver
# 5 5814 RX-12-DR pro M-LINK 2.4 GHz receiver
# 5 5815 RX-16-DR pro M-LINK 2.4 GHz receiver

We are currently w orking on a solution to the problem, and will inform you as soon as a firmware update is available on our website. This will be free of charge, and you will be able to install it yourself quickly and straightforwardly. You will always receive this and other up-to-date information on our products with our newsletter automatically.

We apologise to you for any inconvenience caused by this safety measure, and beg your understanding for its introduction.
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 19:42:24 PM »
Thanks for the info Fred. I just got a new Cockpit SX 2.4Ghz With a RX-7 reciever. Don't think I will be using two receivers any times soon.

woodstock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 19:55:25 PM »
Good buy, Alan.  The SX is a great radio.
Chris van Schoor

Alan_Perse

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 22:11:54 PM »
Thanks Chris. It seems like a great radio. Way better than my old cockpit MM. Haven't flown with it yet.