Author Topic: "Home International" 2017 in Dublin next weekend  (Read 9907 times)

EI1638

• View Profile
"Home International" 2017 in Dublin next weekend
« on: May 22, 2017, 21:36:20 PM »
Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen,

This coming weekend (27/28 May)sees the Home International Control Line competition (aka Triple Crown) being hosted by the Fingal Model Flying Club, take place in Ring Common Sports Centre.

At this years event we will have some of the best control line aerobatics pilots in this part of the world, with members of both the Welsh and English teams having participated in the British Team at last years Control Line World Championship in Australia.

This year three teams are competing, representing Ireland, England and Wales, with Scotland being a no show.

In general, these models are beautifully finished and expertly flown, with many high tech features, such as carbon re-inforced bulkheads, custom bolt on wing joiners (not dis-similar to full size). It also looks like most models will be electric at this years event.

As national pride is at stake it will take or gales or lightning to stop flying from taking place.

The event proper kicks of on Saturday morning at Ring Common Sports Centre, just off the M1 with flying taking place all day Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.

Chris

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Re: "Home International" 2017 in Dublin next weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
Hey Chris,

Would you have a map for the flying field?
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

johnfireball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 21:29:05 PM »
Hi Chris,
           Planning to make it with maybe a few in tow. What time is kick off Saturday?

John.
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

EI1638

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »
Fred (and anyone else who needs them): Directions below.

John: The original plan was to kick off early on Saturday, but the weather forecast is not good for Saturday (rain). Having said that, Saturdays forecast has changed every day this week, so I can't really give you a straight answer. There will be a pilots briefing Friday evening and the final call on a start time will be made then.

The competition depends on the best team flights from both days, so if team A flies and team B does not on one of the days, even mediocre scores for both days can be enough to produce a winner.

Chris

EI1638

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:38:11 AM »
John,

Looking at the forecasts this morning it looks like we should be good to go from maybe 11 am tomorrow.

Since the forecast for Sunday is good, we'll try for a 10:00 am start so that we can defintely get 3 rounds in on both days.

Chris

johnfireball

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 13:10:23 PM »
See you Sunday.

John.
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer