Author Topic: Airtec Pixel.  (Read 4779 times)

Jonzjob

• View Profile
    • John's World of wood
Airtec Pixel.
« on: March 28, 2018, 23:42:40 PM »
I have just returned to England to live after 13 years in France. We lived about 10 km NE of Carcassonne in a lovely little village called Malves en Minervois. Whilst we were there I bought a lovely French model called an Airtec Pixel. It is an wingeron model with a fixed 'V' tail. Elevator and aileron are both done by a swivel wing system, a similar idea to a flying wing. I never really got chance to fly it there because of low flying military aircraft near to the village and the nearest flying site I could find was close to the Basin St Ferréol near Revel. It was just too far to drive to fly. A fantastic site, but!!

Now, I live in NW Wiltshire and within easy distance of the flying sites around Stroud Gloucestershire and now I have had chance to fly it and really enjoy it! It flies cleanly in just about any conditions from light winds to quite strong and the biggest problem is slowing it down for landing. I just wish that I had been able to fly it in its home country.

I have honored it though with the colour scheme of the Tricolour

P.S. I am sorry that after all my time in France I was not able to post this en français. Speaking is no problem, but to try to write it would take me a week!
John.

Now I know what it's all for it's either worn out or fallen off!
https://johnamandiers.wixsite.com/johns-w-o-w-1

mario

• phpBB moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Airtec Pixel.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 05:49:43 AM »
Pareil pour moi
Joli planeur
si t as pas d amis, prends un curly

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Re: Airtec Pixel.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 17:55:42 PM »
Nice one John! 👍

A nice model and flyer, but a b*tch to land!
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!