Author Topic: Futaba 6EX - 2.4 GHz  (Read 7866 times)

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Futaba 6EX - 2.4 GHz
« on: October 19, 2009, 23:28:47 PM »
Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz (mode 2) Transmitter. (6 Channel)
This Tx is actually only a little over 1year old. I brought a model of this type in Nov 2007, which Ripmax then exchanged last summer due to a problem they had discovered with an early batch of 2.4 6EX’s.

This one is in perfect working order with a 700mAh Ni-MH battery. Has all the usual: EPA Adjustments, Expo, Dual Rates, 6 model memory, Fail Safe, 2 programmable mixes, Flaperon mixing, ‘V’ Tail, & Elevon mixes.

An excellent entry level 2.4Ghz transmitter for Powered Planes, Heli’s and Gliders.

€50.00 to a good home

Reason for sale? It’s just collecting dust. :cry:  (As you can see from the picture)

[/b]
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

error404

• View Profile
    • http://www.rubberprintdesign.com
Futaba 6EX - 2.4 GHz
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »
Keith,

I would be interested in it, will send you pm.
www.rubberprintdesign.com
Vinyl Lettering / Decals / Labels for your models.
T-Shirts / Polos / Jackets / Hoodies for you.
Mousemats / Jigsaws / Mugs / Posters / Keyrings

David Kelly

• View Profile
Futaba
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 19:32:29 PM »
Kieth,
If Futaba is still for sale and 404 doesn;t want I would definately be interested.

Cheers
David

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Futaba 6EX - 2.4 GHz
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 20:11:40 PM »
Sorry David, Tony (404) brought it.

There are “Gallons” of them on eBay. There is one on Ebay.co.uk (no. 300366229695) with a bid price for a new one of £20. Four days still to go mind, but it’s in Londonderry so shipping should be cheap! :)

Keith

David Kelly

• View Profile
Futaba
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 20:25:55 PM »
Thanks Kieth,
Need a little advice on a good radio to replace my very ancient Futaba SkySport 6. Still works well but have had a few funny moments with it. Am looking at a new glider possibly a Hotliner also. Not happy to trust something expensive to old radio set. Any pointers.

cheers
David

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Futaba 6EX - 2.4 GHz
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 22:12:15 PM »
Advise? :shock:  Ask 6 pilots for advise on 6 different points and you’ll probably end up with 36 answers!

If you intend to continue flying gliders for the foreseeable future, my advise would be to get the most advanced Tx you can. That way you’re not likely to ‘grow out of it.’ And you'll have plenty of options to play with. On 2.4Ghz you can forget worrying about what frequency other pilots are using.

I think if you stick to any of the big brands you’ll be pretty safe. (They probably use the same microchips anyway)

I brought a Futaba 10CG last Spring and I’m very glad I did.  Loads of options, mixes and proportional controls.

I’ve recently fallen in love with proportional crow braking. No more fast landing approaches = going home with a plane rather than a pile of kindling! even on the windiest of slopes. (I also love watching the plane fly backwards, :P …..relative to the slope.)

So there you have it Dave. One pilot,…..one answer!

K.

rogallo

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Futaba 6EX - 2.4 GHz
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 09:59:20 AM »
I have a friend who has a 7ch Futaba radio and 2 rec used once, never crashed. 2.4 GHz looking for around €250 if you are interested or a 6ch with rec for €120 new also 2.4 if you are interested. In Cork but will post if you are interested.
Ralph
Spots or no Spots?
Tuff Choice.