Author Topic: Breeze Pro Arrived  (Read 12203 times)

DaveMc

• View Profile
    • http://uk.geocities.com/dave72ie/
Breeze Pro Arrived
« on: November 03, 2009, 22:21:37 PM »
Got my new Breeze Pro Today. Started tonight. Should be ready to fly soon. Will post the pics of it as I go. So Far the only problem was figuring out how to get the CA to cure quickly....no Foam safe accelerator in my bag of tricks.. so I decided to wet one side of the foam and put CA on the other. Worked a treat... :D

D.
At least we walk towards our crashes and not run screaming from them ;)

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:20:19 AM »
The Breeze Pro looks a very advanced plane for a ‘First Timer’ Dave. You’re obviously a guy who likes to take the ‘Bull by the Horns.’ I admire your courage. :clap:

I looked at the advert,…….I couldn’t see what material it's made of,……..is it Depron?

Suddenly, it seems,  this has become a forum of extremes,……….Indoor Flight = no wind at all, Slope Soaring = the more wind the merrier! :D  (Well,…..up to a point. :lol: )

K.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

DaveMc

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 16:04:14 PM »
Hi Kieth,

The way i see it, Life is too damn short. If you want to experience something you should do it the right way. No Point wasting money on some piece of crap foamy thing from Smiths toy shop. Anyway I have been flying pretty advanced models for a long time now....25% Edge 540 with 3D surfaces, and of course the 4meter Fox. A little depron foamie is not gonna put me off. The Walls however is another matter  :?:

The Breeze Pro looks like 3mm Depron.
Goes together pretty easy.
Instruction manual is total crap.

D.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 16:31:20 PM »
“Life is too short” yes, I absolutely agree Dave.

As I see it, we live in a one time universe and we spend a long time dead! :(
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

DaveMc

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 19:46:28 PM »
So here it is so far after a couple of hours last night..... most of which was spent trying to understand the pigeon english instruction book... :roll:

Anywho... just attached wings to the centre fuse piece then hinged on ailerons and elevator with fibre tape. Add the underside fuse part. Then put in the main carbon supports for the wings and of course the carbon undercarriadge legs in place. turn the lot over and add the top part of the fuse. Simple. Pity the lads writing the instructions couldn't have just said that.  :!:  But so far so good. Looks like a plane.. :)

Cheers D.

DaveMc

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 23:01:29 PM »
Just a few pics of the finished Breeze.  :D

Came out at 150g. I opted for 3 cell 250mAh lipos for power. APC 8*3.8 prop. 80W Motor.

Looking forward to having a go. See you in Middleton. :D

Dave

Brian

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 09:18:32 AM »
Hi Dave,
What kV is that motor ?.
You might consider a GWS ,or some other rubber,propeller.
We had our first go at this on Sunday and it takes getting used to.

Brian
Serious Power

DaveMc

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 09:41:52 AM »
Brian

The Motor is 1780kV.
The power system allows the model to climb vertically out of my hands at half throttle. Maybe a little overkill?? I am not sure. Never flown indoor before. Will be very interesting. I enjoyed building the model as a new experience. I am sure the actual flying will be fun too. Hopefully I can keep it in one piece for at least a couple of flights anyway.  :?:

Cheers.
D.

Brian

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 10:13:04 AM »
Hi Dave,
Dessie in our club flew that model with that motor on Sun,, last.
He had too much power,,,,,on a 2's 400mAh,,,, I kid you not.

Brian
Serious Power

Baker

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 02:59:25 AM »
It's a 450mAh battery and you never have enough power, 2 throttle settings on and off!?!?!?!?!!?

Seriously,    flies well but such a pain to build especially when you don't have the correct glues, do now thanks Brian
NEVER ENOUGH POWER

DaveMc

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 14:58:54 PM »
Brian,

I have a 2 cell 450mAh Lipo that I plan using aswell. I like high powered high rates flying outdoors. Hope I get on ok indoors too.  :wink:

Baker

A Pain to build is right. I did not get it dead straight although it is pretty close. There is messy glue stains everywhere. It took me a while to get used to working with Depron and foam safe CA. I really need accelerator to do a half decend job.
Will do better the next time. This one will do for my first time out. If I smash it I wont be too upset.. :D

D

Aidan

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 16:00:47 PM »
You really do need accelerator for using CA on depron. It's pretty quick and easy once you get the hang of it and have accelerator. I think you can use bread soda instead of commercial accelerator but never tried it. Not sure where I heard that either so try it on scrap first in case I've got it wrong!
You could also try UHU Por as an alternative to CA. If you're going to Cork on Saturday and you contact Richard Boyd (http://www.expressfly.org.uk) in advance I'm sure he can bring some accelerator, UHU Por or whatever you're after with him for you if you can't get it locally.
Aidan

Brian

• View Profile
Breeze Pro Arrived
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 17:49:12 PM »
Hi,
The most safest foam kicker is water.
You can moisten one surface first and/or atomise some water on the area after assembly (this is best for alignment).
The reaction is a little slower than with normal kicker.

Brian
Serious Power